32

saori wakes up exhausted. her limbs feel like jelly and—there's a heavy weight on her. "johnny." she pushes her boyfriend off of her so she could breathe properly.

johnny murmurs in his sleep, pulling her closer. his long arm feels heavy on her tiny waist.

"babe, you're heavy." saori whines, poking his biceps.

"mm." johnny hums, burying his face into the crook of her neck.

saori groans. "i know you're awake." johnny does that a lot whenever they cuddle. it's just an excuse so saori doesn't have a choice but to stay in bed.

"shh, i'm sleepy." johnny shushes her, planting a soft kiss on her shoulder.

"johnny, i swear to god—" saori sits up, feeling sore and tired. she collapses back on the bed, this time, crushing johnny with her weight. "fuck, i'm so sleepy."

"then, stay in bed." johnny wraps his arms around her again.

"i have to go." saori reminds him, glancing out the window to see the sky orange.

johnny tightens his hold on her, his eyes fluttering open. their conversation back when saori was in japan resurfaces in his mind.

"sao, i think we need to talk." he states out of nowhere. saori feels the change of atmosphere, sensing from her boyfriend's tone.

"what is it?" she asks nervously.

johnny strokes her arm soothingly. he didn't mean to make her weary. he just needed to be honest with him.

"remember that phone call we had before you came back from japan?" johnny brings up.

saori tenses at that. she vividly remembers almost breaking down on the phone with johnny.

"no," she lies but her body language says otherwise.

"sao." johnny chastises. "i need you to be honest with me."

"johnny, i already told you everything. i don't—" saori heaves out a deep sigh. she sits up on the bed and faces johnny.

he does the same thing and waits for her to talk.

"i'll be honest with you. i promise." she says. "probably."

johnny tilts his head, narrowing his eyes at her. "sao." he intones.

"okay, fine." saori huffs, flopping back down on the bed.

the lie on their sides, staring at each other. "i promise i'll be more honest with you," saori pledges.

"same with me." johnny pecks her lips. saori makes an embarrassed sound, burying her face onto johnny's bare chest. she can't believe they're having this conversation in their underwear.

"great, now i'm physically and mentally exhausted. thanks to you." saori grumbles.

"sorry about that," johnny apologizes, kissing her forehead. "that's why we should just stay in bed and cuddle."

"i can't."

"why not?" johnny frowns at that. saori can't believe a 6-foot guy can be this cute. she giggles and pinches her boyfriend's nose.

"i have plans with dons and yuta later." saori makes a move to get up but johnny clings to her, preventing her from leaving.

"nooo, cancel just this once." johnny whines. he's never the type to make saori choose him over her friends. but they're both exhausted right now and he really really wants to just cuddle with her.