|Thirty- three|

The dinner with Xerxes' brothers was filled with tension or that was how i felt.

Armenes seemed intrigued to know more about me as he queried about my family and about my old pack while Zues listened with minimal interactions. Roman on the other hand, had a light, soft approach towards me as he questioned me about myself and my stay in the pack.

It was obvious by the two brothers' keen interest to get to know me that they were trying to loosen me up and make me feel at ease. To some extent, they were successful but there was this nagging, impending voice in my head that kept reminding me how powerful they were and how a single mistake from my side could result in my throat being slit.

Maybe i was over thinking but i still couldn't relax myself around the royals despite them looking and appearing normal.

I felt somewhat uncomfortable with Zues infrequent stare. The kind of stare that sent chills down my spine. It was like, he was staring into my very soul, trying to read what was going on my mind, and knew every secrets i had to hide from the world.

It was disturbing and terrifying.

"Why don't we stop by at your study before we head to our rooms?" Armenes question was for Xerxes, his tone was polite and controlled as he looked at his brothers for their responses.

"Is it safe?" Zues spoke up. His brows arched, his tone cautious.

"Soundproof." Came Xerxes short reply.

"As expected." Roman had a teasing smile, rubbing his jaw as he eyed Xerxes who was sporting his signature blank look.

Roman's comment got a reaction out of Xerxes as i saw his jaw tick, as if he was annoyed.

"Roman, don't start anything." Zues said gruffly.

Roman gave a shrug as response, an innocent look on his face.

I was silently listening in their conversation without any sound expect the sound of my fork and knife clinking against the plate as i ate in silence.

Taking a sip from my glass of water, i was done eating.

Or maybe the tension in the air, the tension between Xerxes and Roman was so thick that it made me lose my appetite.

Whatever the reason was, i wasn't comfortable either.

"Why don't we continue this in the study?" Armenes tried to ease the impending tension in the air as he voiced out his thoughts.

With a stiff nod, Xerxes rose to his feet and i along with his brothers mimicked his action.

Xerxes turned to me, his eyes briefing moving down to my plate, probably to make sure i ate everything. When he saw my almost empty plate, a pleased look crossed his otherwise emotionless face.

He brought his gaze back on me, he didn't speak a word but his eyes, his cold eyes spoke for him.

It was like, he was saying 'I'll be back'. A smile touched my lips at his behaviour, yet i still blinked once and gave him a nod as a response.

His eyes scanned all over my face as if searching for something, when he saw whatever he wanted to, he returned my nod with his own.

He turned around swiftly and walked away, his brother behind him as they made their way in the direction of Xerxes study.

I was thankful when the dinner ended without any injuries- caused to me by the royals and without any unwanted incidents.

After Xerxes and his brothers went into his study to discuss whatever they had to, i stayed behind along with Lucy who stayed behind as per Xerxes order.