Chapter 15: It's Your Power

Dedicated Chapter Song: It's My Life - Bon Jovi

It's my life! It's now or never! I ain't gonna live forever! I just want to live while I'm alive.
(Todoroki)

"Hiromi?" My dad's voice spoke through the phone

"Hiromi?" My dad's voice spoke through the phone. I didn't even remember that's what he sounded like. It had been almost a decade since I last heard his voice. "Is that really you? Aren't you at the Sports Festival?"

I quietly snivel and slink down to the floor. "Yeah. Are you watching?"

"Of course I am! I wouldn't miss the chance to see my baby girl perform! Luckily they're playing it here for us so some of us can see our kids perform. But I have to say...I forgot how strong you were."

"Strong?!" I choke a laughter. "I...I'm not strong. I'm a coward." I cry softly. "Now everyone knows the truth. They know Mom wants me to kill Endeavor. They know she framed you."

"Hiromi, listen to me," my father's voice is soft and soothing suddenly. "Whatever you do with your life, don't follow your mother's footsteps. You are your own person. Don't make the same mistakes we did."

"But my quirk-"

"Use it. Use them all. Show the world who you are and what you can do."

"But I'm so scared." I reflexively reach up and tug at my eyepatch, making sure once more it was still tightly covering my eye.

"What happened to your eye, by the way?" he asks. "I missed seeing your odd-eye."

"You know what happens when people see it..." I mumble quietly.

"That was that one time. Hiromi, listen to me. You're strong. Your mother put you through literal hell. Show these wannabe heroes who you are. Don't bow down to your mother's influence. Not like me."

I wipe my eye from the tears. "Dad...?" I whisper.

"Yes, baby?"

"I want you to watch me closely. I'm going to make you proud." I declare. "And when this festival is over...would you...like to come home again?"

"Hiro..." though I can't see his face, I know he was smiling. "That's all I've ever wanted for years. I want to be there to watch you grow into the hero you were meant to be. I have to go now, baby. They're limiting my time. Remember your promise, Hiro. Show your true colors."

The line disconnected before I got the chance to say goodbye. As I make my way back to the stadium for the next round of fights, I see Endeavor walking by down the hall, soon followed by a pissed off Midoriya. I really hated that I was eavesdropping so much, but this I really couldn't stop myself from listening in on.

"I'm...not All Might," Midoriya says.

Endeavor turns around and rolls his eyes. "Well, of course, you're n-"