ACT TWO ;; CHAPTER FOUR

taehyung, hands gripping tightly onto an off-white throw blanket that was wrapped loosely around him, stared directly into jeongguk's dark brown eyes, his own eyes tiredly roaming over the boy's facial features. it had been only five in the morning. what could the younger male possibly want at a time like this?

"what do you want?" he mumbled sternly, reaching up with one hand to rub the sleep from his eyes. the throw blanket fell from one of his shoulders, and the cool sting of the hallway outside of the dorm pierced through his thin cotton shirt. stupid breathable fabrics.

jeongguk tapped his fingers against the door frame, lips pursing together in what seemed like slight annoyance. "you could invite me inside to explain, you know? instead of yawning every time i attempt to talk and asking what i want every ten seconds."

taehyung frowned, tugging the corner that had fallen back over his shoulder. "what do you want?"

a soft groan echoed from a room down the hall, and none other than kim namjoon slowly stepped into the small living room. "just let the poor boy in. he's apparently just as stubborn as you, and if you both keep this up, i'll make seokjin and yoongi come take care of this.. issue. let me fucking sleep, would ya? we all work very hard to pass college and shit, so i think everyone else would like to spend this much needed day off resting."

taehyung looked down to the ground with a short nod, his light-pink lips forming a small pout while the corners of jeongguk's rosy ones turned upwards in a warm smile. the ("only slightly!" jeongguk would add) younger of the pair waited patiently for taehyung to pull the door the rest of the way open.

"thank you, namjoon. at least somebody here's personable, hm?" jeongguk glanced to taehyung as he mumbled out the words, tilting his head to one side. "you can go back to sleep now."

the oldest obliged happily, offering a small wave before turning on his heels with a soft huff and returning to his bed with hunched, tired shoulders. taehyung plopped down on the couch, leaning against the armrest.

"make yourself at home, gguk."

the brunette settled himself next to the blonde, much to the latter's faux disdain. when he said 'make yourself at home', he was hoping jeongguk would to do the opposite of sitting next to him.

"i wanted to talk about yoongi-hyung."

there it goes again, taehyung thought to himself, refraining from clutching at his chest because he did not miss jeongguk in that way, not one bit. "what about him?"

"i think- i think that i may have slight feelings for him," jeongguk explained, fiddling nervously with his fingers. "but, taehyungie, there's a small problem. he keeps- well- he keeps distancing himself from me now, ever since him and i kissed. it's making me nervous, and i hate it."

the blonde-haired male leaned back against the couch with his arms crossed over his chest, head tilted to one side in thought as he let out a low hum. he wasn't sure how he was supposed to help jeongguk, let alone did he know why the boy chose him to help. five other people, and he chose kim taehyung.

"why are you coming to me about this? at five in the morning?" taehyung asked, a slight hint of frustration showing in the tone of his voice. "according to you, we don't know each other at all and have never met. why would you put trust like that in someone who's barely an acquaintance?"

jeongguk scoffed and inched away from taehyung a tiny bit, glancing to the door as if he was planning on his own escape. "because, you seemed like you would listen more to people's problems than some of the others, so i-"

"well, i'm not," taehyung interrupted, leaning back against the couch and huffing in indignation. "the one you'd want to go to about that is probably seokjin. he'd be able to help better than i'd ever be able to. i want to go back to sleep, jeongguk."

after a small moment of silence, the younger nodded, pushing himself off of the couch. taehyung's gaze remained focused on shut-off television in front of him, ignoring the part of his brain that was screaming at him to call jeongguk back and to at least apologize for acting so cold, but he didn't. maybe, it would be better for the both of them if they didn't get close again, right? taehyung would be able to move on and jeongguk wouldn't have to remember.

so, he let the brunette leave without a word, and he remained in the silence of what felt like a completely empty dorm until he managed to urge himself into falling back asleep on the couch.

he completely pushed aside the fact that maybe, he didn't want to help just because he didn't want to think about jeongguk having feelings for someone other than him. 

[a/n:] hoseok is the only real dom in bts the rest are either twinky switches or just straight up twinks especially yoongi <3