Vol 3 Chap 81 - Tofu, it's time to eat

Warning: Violence and gore

XH 81 - Tofu, it's time to eat

General Tang Jiang was just twenty five years old and considered to be in his prime. He had planned to marry in his early thirties despite his parents' disapproval, desiring to help the Second Prince to get the throne before settling down and help Tang family to continue its bloodline.

But his lovely wife Ping Shui entered his life like a cannonball and broke apart his plans. She had even gotten his lord to question his loyalty towards him. Thanks to that, he was now stuck in the middle of a sticky mess.

"Since General Tang recognized me, should it now be clear that we are not bandits?"

General Tang cupped his fist. "I apologize for damaging your carriage and harming your men. I will personally escort your party to your destination with a new carriage."

Eunuch Lau Liu was still smiling but the air around him shifted drastically. "General, are you thinking that this matter could be solved with just that? My master is a gentleman to a fault and this servant always helps in fighting for my master's well-deserved justice. It would bring trouble to my master if this incident is spread out and for my master to be known for being too amiable."

General Tang's hand went closer to his sword instinctively against the threatening aura. "This is my mistake for wrongly attacking your carriage. If Eunuch is willing to accept, I will compensate for the death of your horse driver and man with two elite guards of mine to serve your master."

If Eunuch Lau Liu had accepted that offer, that would mean he was welcoming spies into the Third Prince's camp. He was not senile yet to accept such a nice compensation.

"General Tang, as an elder, I must advise that when you are apologizing, it would be better to be more sincere," Eunuch Lau Liu chastised lightly and Geng bristled in anger in defense of his General.

"This General thanks Eunuch Lau for your advice."

"Since you have killed two of our men, it would only be fair if your men died as well. As an elder, I shall plead to my master on your behalf to not take another life of your men."

Right after the words were voiced by Eunuch Lau Liu, General Tang sensed the shift of wind too late. A man was pushed to the ground on his knees by Da Bei's tough grip on the man's shoulder.

"The spy!" Ang gasped in alarm when he recognized who that man was.

"General, help me-" Da Bei cut off the spy's head cleanly around his neck, unresponsiveness of the spy's blood that was sprayed all over him.

General Tang Jiang unsheathed his sword as an angry snarl of a cornered animal escaped from his mouth and rushed towards Eunuch Lau Liu.

"Now...it's finally fair," Eunuch Lau Liu said as if he was just talking about today's weather, unruffled at how angry General Tang was. To him, the general was still unworthy to be his equal opponent.

Da Bei's movement was quick when he disappeared from his spot and appeared before General Tang, stopping the furious swing of his sword that was intended for Eunuch Lau Liu. Ang and Geng joined the fight as well, but only General Tang could match Da Bei's strength as the other two men were easily pushed back with a blow from the young boy.

They were too busy fighting against the young boy to wonder what happened to the other four men that were supposed to replace the Third Prince's soldiers.

"General Tang, aren't you worried about your master's safety? After all... it's rather easy to get that little rat from his hiding hole."

General Tang's anger extinguished immediately, with the feeling of icy water poured onto him upon hearing the Eunuch's words. Their spy was placed inside a cage with guards surrounding it, yet he was easily brought out here. But the most horrifying thought was that the cage's location was not far from the Second Prince's tent!