Expose [S2:E14]

| April 3 | Tuesday Morning |

~ Megan's POV ~

After our trip to Tampa, I felt as if Sam and I had made a lot of progress. I didn't want to pressure her to do things she didn't want to, including marriage, but now I knew that wasn't true. She wanted it, she just wasn't familiar with the thought. All I had to do was give her more time, and I was okay with that.

I watched her move around the kitchen, cooking breakfast while I sat at my computer and worked on one of my research papers. She seemed deep in thought, but I didn't want to think too much of it. She had been busy with Jinx since coming back.

She finally finished cooking and set a plate down in front of me. Two waffle triangles, an over-easy egg, two strips of bacon and some strawberry slices.

"You're getting good at this," I admitted.

"What?"

"Being a housewife."

She rolled her eyes and smiled, but there was still something bothering her. Usually I could get a good reaction out of her when I made housewife jokes.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "You seem down."

She peered down into her coffee cup as she aimlessly stirred. A bad feeling grew in my stomach.

"I have to tell you something," she said. "And you're not gonna be happy about it."

My heart sank, but I refused to let my face show it. I remained calm.

"Okay."

She sighed. "Remember how Mariah and I kind of had it out before Tampa? When I made her go home?"

I just nodded.

"She had been late on rent, but I didn't know if she was telling the truth or not, so I sent her home anyway." Sam rubbed her eyes. "Apparently she got kicked out."

"Shit," I said. "That's not your fault though."

"That's not the bad news."

I fell silent.

"Jas offered for Mariah to stay at her house, and uh..." Her sentence fell. "Jas got really drunk and told Mariah about us."

"What about us?" I asked.

"That you used to be my teacher."

I felt my stomach churn.

"And I didn't find this out until after I caught Mariah trying to buy pills off a guy behind Jinx last night." Sam shifted in her seat. "So, after I yelled at them and sent Mariah back inside, Jas told me everything."

I could feel the tension. Sam was scared I would freak out and lose it on her, but I was more upset that Jas had been stupid enough to do such a thing. Of course, I never trusted her ever since she had kissed Sam, but now all I could worry about was Mariah's rage against my girlfriend and possibly sabotaging our relationship with this information.

"Do you think Mariah would really use that against you?" I wondered.

Sam shrugged. "I have no idea."

"Don't worry about it," I ordered, even though I secretly was. "She'll get over herself eventually."

Sam palmed her coffee. "I hope so."

I reached out, grabbed her hand and smiled. "I'm not upset."

She finally cracked a smile, allowing us to eat our breakfast in peace. I couldn't help but feel slightly threatened because another person knew the truth, and it still scared the hell out of me. Even though Sam was well out of school, it didn't mean people wouldn't speculate, especially if I got back into teaching again.