Chapter 16

Rose's POV

I could hear them through the door trying to listen to what they were saying. I know they secretly have a thing for each other whether they both wanted to admit it or not. I was hoping to gain some information but they are only coming out as mumbles. I groaned walking back into the living room where Stephen was fiddling with his phone. He smiled when he made eye contact with me, it was like a little kid, he looked too innocent. Even with the tattoos that laced his neck and arms.

"Hey, how's it going in there?" Stephen smirked calling me out on my eavesdropping

"I wasn't listening in on them! I was in the bathroom," He looked at me with a serious face before bursting out laughing. "That was a terrible lie," I plopped down next to him.

"Yes it was, you're the worst liar I've ever met," I cringed 'if only he knew' my mind shouted at me. Before I could say anything Stephen's phone started ringing.

"James," He mumbled, he just listened as the voice on the other end chatted away. He hung up.

"I gotta go," He said standing up heading towards the bedroom, I heard Stephen say something before he returned to me. "Well I just entered something I didn't want to"

"What happened?" I asked excitedly

"They were pretty much on top of each other kissing"

"Holy shit" I couldn't believe it was finally happening. I was grinning from cheek to cheek, Violet might finally be happy.

"Andy! We gotta go now!" Stephen loud voice boomed through the apartment, I cringed at the noise. Not a minute later Violet and Andy appeared from the bedroom, blushing hard. Stephen walked over and kissed my forehead before heading towards the door. No matter how many times he did that my heart always sped up. Andy followed quickly in pursuit winking at Violet before closing the door.

"Sooooo, we going to talk about what happened in there or?" I smirked, rolling her eyes she sat down on the couch.

"Nothing, it can wait till later. What are we going to do about Jeff?" She said

"I have the perfect plan," I said as the idea hit me. "We can hire the one of the Cobras to kill him! Nobody from the gang would suspect anything" Violet looked at me shocked.

"Kill him?! I don't want to kill Jeff!" She said.

It isn't my first choice but we don't have another way to make sure he doesn't tell. This is hard but it's the best way." I said and Violet nodded sadly agreeing

"Okay, but where are we going to find a Cobra?" She questioned

"Well, we could steal Stephen's phone and get one of their numbers and text them to meet up somewhere?" I suggested, not really sure how I was going to manage to get his phone.

"Okay, how are you planning on getting his phone long enough to get a number from it?"

"I'll distract him, take one for the team. I'll make sure that his phone is somewhere you can get it. His password is 4553." I said. This was a good plan as long as Stephen let his phone out of his sight for more than 2 seconds.

"Sounds good, but what about Andy? He's always watching me," Violet mentioned

"Tell him you have to go to the bathroom or something?"

"Okay, now when are we going to do this?" She nervously asked fiddling with her fingers.

"Tonight,"

I waited patiently to hear back from Stephen, it was kind of strange that they left us unattended for the past 3 hours. It must have been something really important otherwise they would have forced us to go with them. Violet and I were watching Riverdale trying to take our minds off of what we were about to do tonight. We were pretty much calling a hit out on one of the gang members that we had grown to love all because he knew my dirty little secret. I thought back to all the times were Jeff had made me laugh and was a good friend to us even when the other boys were being mean. I was sad to see him go. Hopefully, the other members never find out that we called in the hit otherwise we will be with Jeff soon. My phone vibrated in my pocket, it was Stephen.

"Hey princess, we will be over to get you two in 5 minutes" my stomach was in knots reading this message. We were go to do this.

"Violet, they are on their way" I yelled panicking, I would have been used to this kind of stuff by now being in the CIA but it was different. I was turning my back on people I learned to love and one of my friends. Yeah, they do bad things but they aren't bad people especially Jeff.

"Oh god, I don't know if I can do this," Violet sighed

"We have to, as much as I don't want to do it either. It's the only way they won't kill me." I cringed at the thought of dying so young.

"I know, it's for the best, I just don't like it." Putting on our coats getting ready to leave, I tried to think of how to get Stephen to leave his phone somewhere.

We arrived at the house maybe 5 minutes later do to Andy's crazy driving. I nearly threw up when I got out of the car. Andy laughed at my misery-making me send daggers his way. I hugged all the boys when I made into the house making Stephen let out a low growl from the back of his throat.

"Stephen, really? Like you'd let any of the boys have me. You barely have me," I shot at him making the boys laugh at how whipped he was. Stephen frowned walking over to sit next to me on the couch.

"You're going to pay for that later," He whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine. I couldn't help but be sassy towards him, it was in my nature but I tend to forget he's very possessive and in control. Although he'd never do anything to harm me on purpose I was still scared of him.

"Sorry," I barely whispered averting my eyes back to the TV.