Foreword

Welcome to Freedom's Pyre! This is a completed book with the sequel posted onto my profile (Freedom's Ascension)

Welcome to Freedom's Pyre! This is a completed book with the sequel posted onto my profile (Freedom's Ascension). I welcome any and all feedback, votes, comments, PMs - anything at all! I hope that you will enjoy coming on Kit's adventure just as much as I have enjoyed writing it!

The cover is by the amazing, @AWFrasier, who brought Kit to life in a way I'd only dreamed it could be done. Thank you so much for breathing fire into him.

Thank you to all the readers who followed this story over the last five years and who without, it wouldn't be half the story it is today. You are all wonderful and I am honored to share the world of Vinculum with you all.

May you dance through the twilit spaces between the stars.

Update 2020:

The book is now in sample form on Wattpad, and has moved to Tapas.io which will be its permanent home! All updates can be doing there!

Trigger warnings: This book features slavery within it, as well as some graphic violence, gore, surreal/dreamlike hallucinations and depictions of mental health issues such as anxiety and depression

Trigger warnings: This book features slavery within it, as well as some graphic violence, gore, surreal/dreamlike hallucinations and depictions of mental health issues such as anxiety and depression. It also features a main character who is coming to terms with physical, mental and emotional abuse.

If you are affected by any of the issues in this book, please contact one of the following UK helplines (taken from the MIND website):

Samaritans are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to listen to anything that is upsetting you, including intrusive thoughts and difficult thoughts of suicide and self-harm. Their national freephone number is 116 123, or you can email . Samaritans also offer a Welsh Language Line on 0300 123 3011 (from 7pm–11pm only, seven days a week).

SANEline. offers emotional support and information from 6pm–11pm, 365 days a year. Their national number is 0300 304 7000.

CALM. If you're a man experiencing distressing thoughts and feelings, CALM is there to support you. They're open from 5pm–midnight, 365 days a year. Their national number is 0800 58 58 58, and they also have a website if you're not comfortable talking on the phone.

Nightline. If you are a student, you can see if your university or college offers a night-time listening service. Nightline phone operators are all students too.

Switchboard, the LGBT+ helpline. If you identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, Switchboard is available from 10am–11pm, 365 days a year, to listen to any problems you're having. Phone operators all identify as LGBT+. Their national number is 0300 330 0630, or you can email .

C.A.L.L. If you live in Wales, you can contact for a confidential listening and support service. Their number is 0800 123 737 or you can text 'help' to 81066.

 Their number is 0800 123 737 or you can text 'help' to 81066

May the stars incline you, but never bind you!