Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Hello

Austin takes a left turn into an empty and scary gravel road which becomes a tar road with beautiful lights on the side after a kilometer or so.

We are on our way to his parents house. I really hope that they like me because I don't want complications in my relationship with Austin.

The road leads to these high massive gates that open themselves as soon as Austin scans his finger.

He drives in and stops the car in front of the entrance of the house. He gets out and opens the door for me. I step out in my white sneakers that compliment my casual look.

Austin and I are matching in denim and white. I'm wearing a white shirt with a denim dress with belt like straps. It ends just above my knees and looks really cute. I have no make up on except for colorless lip gloss.

Austin is dressed in denim shorts and a white short sleeved shirt and matching white sneakers just like mine.

We walk hand in hand to the door which Austin opens for me like the gentleman he is.

He guides us all the way to the back of the house where there is a pool and a jacuzzi. Beside it as a large chalet overlooking the pool.

I see smoke coming from it, probably from the braai.

We walk hand in hand to the chalet where a couple is chatting happily like Austin and I will do in future, I hope.

"Austin!!" his mom yells before strutting to us and pulling her son into a tight embrace. I take in her beautiful features. She looks a year or two older than me with how good her genes are, unless if this is his sister whom he has never mentioned to me.

"Mom." He says before lifting her off the ground and twirling her around once. Okay then, it's settled, his mother has unnatural genes.

"How are you baby?" she asks, pinching his cheeks.

"I'm great mom." He says and she finally lets go of him and notices me. She looks shocked and taken aback for a second before masking her reaction.

"And who is this beauty?" she asks, making me blush.

"Mom, this is Andrea, my girlfriend." He says and his mom fails to cover her reaction of sheer shock.

"That's my son." his father, whom I didn't notice was near us, says before giving Austin a high five.

"Son, you better not be pranking me." his mother says, failing to believe her ears.

"No pranks, I promise." He reassures his mom and she looks even more shocked. Okay, where are the paramedics, this woman might get a heart attack.

"Andrea, what did you see in this dickhead who happens to be our son?" his father asks, causing me to chuckle and earning a slap on the chest from his gorgeous wife.

"Trust me Mr and Mrs West, I used to hate him. I don't know what happened. Perhaps I'm under a spell." I say and they grin, looking at Austin and I as we lose ourselves in each other's eyes.

"Well, you're welcome dear." his mom say, taking us out of our trance.

"Thank you Mrs West." I say, a smile on my face.

"Call me Scarlett dear, Mrs West makes me feel older than old." Scarlett says, winking at me.

"You definitely don't look old." I admit, making her blush.

"Come on and eat kids, we just grilled some ribs and steak to name a few." Mr West says, walking back towards the chalet with us all in tow.

"You all wanted to start eating without me?" a female voice says from afar.

A beautiful girl walks in our direction, her hair flowing effortlessly in the air. Her figure hugging dress outlining her hourglass figure like that of her mother. This is literally a family of close to perfect genes.

"Now why would we do that?" Mr West says, hugging his daughter the same way my father hugs me. So he does have a sister.

"Hey, I'm Serenity." she says, giving me a loving hug, one I was not expecting.

"I'm Andrea." I say, a smile on my face.

"The Andrea that my brother talks about until my ears bleed?" she asks, poking Austin who looks embarrassed because she just exposed him.

"I would consider his embarrassment as a yes." I say to her and she high fives me, loving the fact that I put him on the spot.

"So how long have you two been dating?" Scarlett asks while dishing up some meat for everyone.

"More than 6 months now." Austin says and I nod in agreement.

"I hope you haven't been experiencing problems such as infidelity just to mention one." Scarlett says.

"We have no problems, we once hated each other but now, we're all good." I say and Austin puts his arm over my shoulder possessively.

"Good, that's very good. For a very long moment, I had told myself that my son is not capable of having a relationship but today my eyes have seen otherwise. I'm proud of son." his mom says and kisses him on the forehead.

"What do you do Andrea." Mr West asks, taking a seat beside his wife to join us as we all have lunch.

"I am the CEO and Chief Chatered Account of AAS." I say and I see respect shine within his green eyes.

"Impressive. I see my son is into feisty women who aren't afraid of leading." he says, fist bumping Austin.

I blush at being called feisty, I definitely am.

"Serenity here is actually studying Accounting and is in her final year." Scarlett says, clearly proud of her daughter.

"What is your surname?" Serenity asks randomly.

"Cavali." I say and Mr and Mrs West freeze in shock, probably knowing the reputation of my family that Austin didn't know.

"I saw your name on the university accounting department records. Your record has proven to be unbeatable. I heard you beat another woman's record, Arena or something like that." she says, looking at me with pride.

"Athena you mean?" I ask and she nods.

"That's my mother. I beat her record, and you my dear, can beat mine." I say winking at her.

"Accounting just runs in your blood hey. Both mother and daughter being record breakers. Wow." she gasps, her eyes praising me.

"Just like crime runs in her blood too." Mr West says and I sigh, knowing exactly where this is headed.

"Son, can we talk for minute." Mr West says, looking at his son.

"I already know what you want to say. I know everything about her family, even more than you know and I fully accepted it. I love Andrea, she is the only woman I love and I'm not going to let go of that because of the deeds of her family." Austin says, putting his arm over my shoulder.

" You either accept our relationship or not, either way, it won't stop anytime soon." He says, kissing my cheek.

And he defended our love.