24 | T I P S Y

Hayze had lost River-rose in the crowd of people after Nani had snatched her away to try some of the tirmisu mini cakes

"Rudi, where the hell is your sister with my wife?" Hayze growled as he scanned over the fancy event full of fancily dressed people.

"She's probably off dancing or something. Nani really likes River," Rudi said as he helped Hayze try to spot them.

"She's only been with River once." Hayze didn't really blame Nani for taking a liking to his wife. What wasn't to like? She was his sweet bella rose. But when Nani snatched her away without telling him where they were going, that's what bothered him.

"Yeah, but i think Nani likes her because she doesn't annoy her like some of the other girls in this industry. She probably likes her because she's not money driven. And also, River is still young, she lets Nani dress her up like a little doll. Nani says she's a sweetheart."

If Rudi knew i did that too, i'm never going to hear the end of it

"I see." He peaked over a womans thick hair to try to spot River.

Suddenly, he stumbled forward when he felt a small little someone jump on his back.

A giggle rang in his ear. "Hayzeeee."

He chuckled and slowly let the girl on his back down before turning around. "You can't do this here River."

She slapped his chest playfully before stepping forward and mashing her face into his strong chest, mumbling unintelligable words and letting out a cute little hiccup.

He pushed her back slightly. "Are you... drunk?"

She looked up at him with a cheeky smile, rocking back and forth on her toes. "Nope," she said popping the 'p'. "Nani said i'm just tipsy. She lied when she said the lime margharita thingy was a virgin. It was definetly not a virgin. I'm a virgin though." She giggled and snuggled into his chest.

He chuckled at her cuteness before he suddenly stood up straight and scowled. "Where's Nani, baby girl?"

"I dunno know," she mumbled into his chest as he pulled her aside so they wouldn't have to many people looking at them. "She said she was gonna get me another drink and then she saw an old friend."

He growled at the fact that Nani was giving her so much alcohol. "Stay here so i can get you some water."

He began to pull away but he was jerked back by her small hand holding onto the back of his suit jacket. "River. Let go."

"No, i want to go with you," she said quietly as she looked up at him with her big, doe honey eyes. They looked even brighter with the subtle winged eyeliner and gold eyeshadow lightly covering her eyelids.

He looked away so he wouldn't be tempted to give in. "Stay here, i'll be right back. You shouldn't be at an event like this while your drunk."

"Tipsyyyy," she corrected with a grin as she bounced on her toes.