Maybe it won't be such a bad thing

an: another terrible one. Oh well. I'm tired and still procrastinating. Have fun!!'

Spiderman panted, chest heaving as he was thrown into another wall by the Vulture. A crowd had gathered to watch the fight, and the fight was being broadcast around the world.

The Vulture stalked closer to the limp form of Spiderman, and lifted the vigilante up by his neck. He wheeled around to a camera, grinning cruelly.

"You all look up to this boy" he snarls. "But what happens when he can't save you? He couldn't save his parents, or his uncle- he's just a little kid."

Vulture starts squeezing Spider-Man's neck, and he thrashes weakly. A rip in the suit reveals a nasty looking gash, blood oozing out the side. The Vulture slowly lifted a hand up, almost teasingly, to Spider-Man's mask. Spiderman started thrashing more wildly.

In one quick movement, the mask was pulled off, revealing a stunned Peter Parker.

"Ah. Little Peter Parker. I thought it had been you under the mask. And now," the Vulture tightens his grip dangerously on Peter's throat, "to kill you."

Peter takes a deep breath before he starts talking. "Adrian. Please don't do this. I know you love Liz, don't do this to her. What happens when she finds out that you killed Spiderman, her favorite hero? And now that you've gone and revealed my identity, what happens when she finds out you have been trying to kill me? Given me nightmares about you collapsing that building on me? You can still change for the better. Just let me go." Peter's words are strong, but soft and gentle, like he's chiding a child.

"I-I-I can't." Vulture's grip on Peter's neck loosens ever so slightly, and Peter flips out of his hands.

"Adrain... please. We don't have to fight." Peter begs.

"I'm sorry. I have to make a living somehow." Adrian launches at the boy, who dodges, and Adrian goes flying into a wall, knocking himself out. Peter stands, chest heaving, holding his bleeding side and rubbing his bruised neck, his mask stomped into the dirt.

One boy and girl, twins, come up to him. They look up at Peter in awe.

"Hey there. What are you two doing here?" Peter asks, kneeling down so he is eye level with them.

"We just wanted to say thank you, Mr. Peter, Spiderman Sir." The gurl replies quickly, stars in her eyes.

"It's just Peter." Peter answers.

"Peter. Thank you for saving us. You may not remember, but you saved our mommy and daddy from a robber. We wanted to thank you." The boy adds. Peter grins.

"I remember. And no problem, I'm glad your Mommy and Daddy are feeling better." Peter smiles. The twins reach up to hug him, and he allows it. They run off, giggling as Peter stands to face the crowd.

"Mr. Parker! Mr. Parker!" The press chants. Peter bends down to grab his mask, stuffing it in his pocket, before swinging off to the Tower.

As he lands, he is met with cheers, applause, confetti and balloons.

"Your identity's been revealed!" In big blue letters in the red velvet cake. Peter laughs.

"I think we should schedule a press conference." Peter tells Tony, the later nodding, his mouth stuffed with cake. Peter laughs.

Maybe this reveal won't be such a bad thing.