Chapter 15

Jennie and I return to the table right in the middle of Hanbin's life story. My brother is hanging onto every word coming out of Hanbin's mouth and I wonder if anyone besides Rosé and I notice.

I try to be a good person and listen, seeing as it is the polite thing to do but my mind is elsewhere.

It's in the same place it's been for the last three days.

Jennie.

She took my hand to pull me back to dinner like it was no big deal, but for me it was a huge one.

Not the gesture itself, I could interpret the meaning of that for days, I'm more focused on the way it made me feel. I'm not going to lie, I've been with my fair share of woman and yet with Jennie she's made me feel more with her clothes on than any of them did naked.

I'm not saying I've never been in love before, I have, with one person, but now I'm starting to doubt what I felt for her. I force myself to rejoin the conversation because I really don't want to take a stroll down memory lane at this moment and I certainly have no desire to relive the pain she caused me.

"...and I also enjoying playing basketball in my spare time." Hanbin finishes before he takes another bite of my mom's pot roast.

I don't think anyone misses the excited squeal coming from my brother.

I can only imagine the images he's forming in his head of Hanbin being all sweaty after a game of one-on-one.

Actually, I don't want to imagine that at all.

I would like to finish my meal and now I'm not sure I can.

I close my eyes and conjure up the only thing that will help in a situation like this.

Ah, naked Jennie, it's good to have you back.

"You know." My dad starts and I'm sad to say he made naked Jennie disappear. "Bobby was the captain of his high school basketball team." He grins proudly at Bobby, missing completely the embarrassment he's causing him. Hey, at least it's not me. "They even won the state championship his senior year."

"Dad, do you really have to do that?" Bobby groans as his cheeks turn a similar shade to mine when I do something stupid. "Nobody cares."

"I think that's pretty cool man." Hanbin says.

Bobby smiles so wide I'm afraid he might pull a muscle. "Maybe we can play together sometime?"

Hanbin smiles as well, "That sounds great." If you looked up the definition of happy in the dictionary you'd see a picture of what Bobby looks like right this second. "I haven't played in a few months though so I might be rusty."

"No problem, I'll take it easy one you." I can hear Bobby trying to contain his excitement, it's very cute.

That doesn't mean I can't have fun with him though.

"You know what would be even better?" I turn to my father. "If you and Joon joined them, I'm sure they wouldn't mind."

I don't need to look at Bobby to know his reaction.

Maybe next time he'll think twice before he smears peanut butter all over my phone at work like he did last week.

He probably thought I forgot about that.

Sucker!

"What a great idea Jisoo." My dad says.

Oh Bobby, payback is a bitch.

"You are an evil woman." Rosé whispers to me.

I finally glance over at Bobby and I'm thankful looks can't kill because if they could, I'd be very dead. I wink at him and I'm sure if Hanbin wasn't here he'd reach over and punch me.