MY BOI CASSY

Also, it's kinda short, sorry about that.

I leaned against the doorway, slightly tipsy on wine. Nikolai was putting Jamie to sleep who was actually very drunk. It appeared that my vampire friend was having difficulties prying him off. Jamie was kind of like a monkey when he was tired, or drunk in this situation.

Nikolai whispered in his ear and Jamie reluctantly let him go. The vampire kissed his forehead and flicked off the lamp.

I ducked out of the room. Nikolai followed.

"We need to talk," he said and shut the door.

"Wow, I was just thinking that," I said and leaned against the wall.

"I want your... blessing," he said astutely and I blinked before arching a brow. There were a few things that could mean. One, Hey, can I basically marry Jamie? Or two, he was being funny because I was a demon.

"For what?" I asked and awaited my answer patiently, Nikolai fiddled with his thumbs.

"James wants to have sex, but I want your blessing," Nikolai muttered quickly.

I blinked and processed the information for a moment.

"Really? You want my blessing?" I was incredulous, but hey excited. "Only if I get to know all the details."

"I'm sure Jamie will be happy to oblige," he replied and gave me a smile.

"Oh, and, and," I raised my index finger, "it has to be special. I'm not gonna plan his v-card party or anything, but I totally will if you want. Because that shit's gonna get good."

"Uh, no, I don't think so," Nikolai gave me a droll stare and crossed his arms. I just smiled innocently. (A/N no. This book is made of sin.)

"Okay, anyways, uh, I need to talk," I said as firmly as possible, "about Cassius."

Nikolai looked at me for a moment.

"Go on," he prodded.

"I know that me being here makes things tense for you," I explained, Cassius could start the fighting again but Nikolai chose to sacrifice that for Jamie to be happy. For me to feel safe. "But I want to know how close Cassius is to finding me here."

Nikolai nodded and sucked in a breath.

"He already knows you're here," the vampire mumbled, "but I've been making excuses for as long as I can."

"And how long before you run out?" I asked tentatively, not really wanting to hear the answer.

"Today," he sighed, "it's harder than you think. Your mate just doesn't take no for an answer." (A/N I swear to christ no one comment on that.)

I felt queasy hearing Cassius referred to as my mate.

"I know, I know," I said and really began turning the information in my head, "how long before he gets here?"

"Could be in five minutes or tomorrow or in a week," Nikolai said and wiped a hand down his face, he must've be exhausted from the entire ordeal.

"I see... and Jamie? Does Jamie know any of this?" I asked, if I disappeared one day, I didn't want Jamie to be hurt.

"No, he doesn't. But he knows that I'm stressed about something and he doesn't like it so-" Nikolai trailed off and thoughtfully placed a hand over his mouth. "Uh, has James talked to you about anything specific lately?"

"Well, we had the talk about safe sex and good bondage and bad bondage," I shrugged with a slow grin, even if I knew that's probably not where he was going.

"You know Matthew, right?" He sighed and I grimaced in disgust, "but you don't know why Jamie broke it off again."

I didn't like where this was going at all.

"Matthew-" Nikolai cut off sharply like he was trying not to get angry, "Matthew forced himself on Jamie."

"What?" I hissed and leaned partially off the wall. No one, no one could hurt Jamie like that.

And me.

I wasn't there. I wasn't there for Jamie.

"He pushed him down on his knees and James couldn't fight back and-" Nikolai ran his fingers through his hair quickly as brought his voice down, "James came home in tears, his hair was a mess, his shirt was ripped, and he wasn't even wearing any shoes. It took hours to console him and even longer to get him to tell me what happened."

I stood there in numb shock that Jamie hadn't told me any of this. I thought we didn't have any secrets.

After a moment of composing himself, Nikolai spoke again, "so when James notices that I'm stressed he wants me to relax. He wants to please me," the vampire seemed strained, "and I try explaining to him that there are other ways and I don't want him to feel forced or afraid, but he's so fucking stubborn."

Nikolai had a tired grin on his face.

"And I love James. I really do, and all I want is to make him happy," he murmured with a wry smile, "but he frustrates me to no end sometimes."

"I can't believe that shit stain," I gasped, "I always knew he wasn't to be trusted."

"Thank you, Alabaster, by the way," he said genuinely, "thank you for being there for Jamie."

I nodded with a smile, even if I thought it wasn't true, because for months I wasn't there for Jamie. So I bid him good night and walked down the hall. Absorbed in my thoughts. I nearly fell over when I knocked into a hard chest, but a pair of strong arms enveloped me.

My stomach dropped when I felt that familiar tug in my chest. Then I looked up.

Cassius.

We both looked equally surprised to see each other and he looked just like I remembered. We didn't move until I felt a tear slip down my cheek and I began to sob and pull away. Cassius' hands trembled as he enveloped me n a hug.

"Alabaster," he croaked and squeezed me against him. My heart beat fiercely against my ribcage and I didn't know whether to embrace him or to run away.

In the end, I couldn't fight the pull in my heart.

Hey, so, I'm thinking about doing a smut book, which means requests are open. I'm hoping that maybe writing off of the plotline will engage me more in story so you guys can get updates quicker. Which also means that it's time for you kinky motherhuggers to come out of your hidey holes.