Part 30

"H-Hello."

I bowed, still shaken and barely understanding what was happening.

They nodded and hugged me to which I jumped slightly, becoming more tense than before. My parents were watching us and whispering to each other.

What is actually happening right now?

They stepped away from me and looked into my shaky eyes.

"U-Um... How are you?"

I mentally slapped myself.

They must've found my confusion amusing as they suddenly bursted out laughing. Me being me, just stood there dazed.

"We're doing well up here," they chuckled.

Up here? Am I in heaven?

"But we're worried about you and Jungkook."

I bit my lips.

"I don't know about him," I mumbled bitterly and turned my head away.

His mother sighed and held my hand. I looked back at her to find immense pain and sadness in her eyes, bringing back those unwanted memories once again.

"I won't ask for you to forgive him. It was our fault that everything turned out this way after all," her lips curved up to form a small smile.

I looked down at my hand clasped in hers. She was warm, just like those times she would quickly claim my hands whenever I visited them. So warm and soft.

"Our belief was what led us to our death and nothing else. We don't blame you or your parents for that. At all. It was our choice and we are fully responsible for that. But our son," she whispered the last part and glanced at her husband. "We don't want to justify his actions, but humans can be so blinded by their emotions and act on them without thinking. It's only human nature. He was wrong but at the same time he wasn't."

Is she for real?

"I'm sorry but I just can't... I can only evaluate what happened from my own point of view, my own perspective. Because of him, I lost my everything. My kingdom... my parents... my heart..." I was unintentionally starting to cry, my tears welling up on their own. "Do you know how painful it was? I had no will to live. I wanted to end it all. There was nothing to hold me back from doing that. Nothing!"

There was silence.

I could see my mother holding her sobs, covering her mouth and turning around.

I felt bad that she heard it from me directly. How her child wanted to take her own life, not wanting to continue living.

I bit my lips and looked away.

"Then there's nothing holding you back now either, right?"

I widened my eyes and looked up at Jungkook's father.

"What?"

He looked straight into my eyes and I gulped, feeling a bit intimidated.

"You can go with us now since you don't have any reason to continue living. Your parents are here, too." He pointed towards them.

I stared at them quite perplexed.

Was he right?

I don't have any reason... anyone holding me back from leaving forever?

I nibbled on my bottom lip, my eyes going around the unknown place I was in. The once dark place was now a bright, warm room.

"Let's go, shall we?"

He reached for my hand but I retracted it swiftly.

"No."

They all looked at me surprised. "Hm?"

"I can't do that."

Not today...

I rubbed my arm.

"If you had asked me to go with you before, I might have gone, but now... I'm fighting for my life, hoping to correct my mistakes and fulfill my people's wishes, wanting to spend my life with the one I love the most right now. There are so many things that I didn't accomplish, lingering in my heart. That's why I'm not going with you."

I stood straight, determined to go back as if that was entirely up to me.

"And about Jungkook," I pursed my lips. "I won't forget the things he did and I might despise him, perhaps for the rest of my life, but I can't let him die. I can't lie that there isn't a part of me that cares for him. I believe that I'm at fault, too. So I'll do what I think is right."

They all smiled at me and dad yelled, "That's the first time you said something so mature."

"What the- I am mature, dad!" I scowled and puffed my cheeks.

They laughed and walked away from me.

"Wait, where are you going?" I started panicking and followed them.

Jungkook's mother turned around and giggled, "Where we should be, darling. You shouldn't follow us. Take care now, okay?"

My parents waved at me silently with their usual smile and moved further and further away from me.

I was shaking as I watched them leave me once again. My lips quivered and my heart palpitated rapidly.

P-Please, don't leave me...

A/N: Guys, my midterms are coming up, so I can't update for a while. I'm sorryyy >x<
School is rly being a pain in the ass right now and I can't even sleep lately damn

 I'm sorryyy >x<School is rly being a pain in the ass right now and I can't even sleep lately damn

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💝