17 | Don't Be Jealous

Semaj's POV

I felt a familiar nudge in my side and groaned into the pillow in protest. Michael often did that nudge in my side, or my nearest body part when he wanted more. I on the other hand was more than tired and just wanted to rejuvenate by sleeping through the day. I had a long night and rather exciting morning thanks to Michael, but I couldn't do anymore. I could still feel a slight ache in between my legs from the last time which felt like it hadn't been more than an hour ago though I knew I had been sleeping for longer than that. I felt his nudge again and sighed heavily into the sheets that I had slumped down into and off the pillow.

"Again?" I mumbled. "How about I just turn over and lay here and let you have your way with me? You have my consent."

I was still mumbling into the pillow, but Michael heard me clearly enough because he laughed.

"Semaj it's three o'clock," he said, and I slowly started to open my eyes.

Once they adjusted to my surroundings Michael was sitting next to me dressed in comfortable clothes and I could tell by the fresh scent of his body wash that he had just gotten out of the shower. His hair was pulled back into a ponytail as my eyes traveled from his clothing and up to his face before finally connecting my eyes to his brown ones.

"It's three o'clock?" My eyes were begging for closure, but I fought to keep them open. I lifted my head and looked around as if I didn't know where I was. "How long have I been sleep?"

"Since... eight?" Michael's response was more of a question followed by a shrug in his shoulders.

I sighed and laid my head back down closing my eyes. It was a Saturday which meant no school. It also meant that I could hang with-oh no. I jolted up and glanced at the digital clock on the other side of Michael setting on the nightstand. It was a few minutes after three o'clock which meant I was already two hours late. I got out of the bed and walked briskly, and nakedly, toward Michael's open bathroom door. My towel and wash cloth from the last time I spent the night was still hung up on the rack. I quickly turned on the shower and stepped in despite the cold water which made me squeal.

"Semaj?" Michael asked, and I knew he was standing in the bathroom, but I was too focused on wetting my rag with soap and water and praying that the shower would heat up soon. I was starting to freeze. Finally, I felt it evolve to warm and finally to a temperature hot enough to wash my body in.

"I told Shawn I was going to meet him at my house at one o'clock. Lina has my phone which I forgot to get back from her and now I'm two hours late." I was too busy trying to hurry that I decided to ignore Michael's side comments about Shawn. I wasn't even sure what he was saying because I was trying to think of something to tell my parents, and Shawn, when I arrived home. The last thing I needed was my dad on my case about messing things up for him. I honestly didn't know why he needed me anyway, when he as a person-as a lawyer-should speak for himself. But then again, my dad was all about making a profit and when it benefited him the most. If Shawn's dad was the gateway to more money, then my dad was trying to enter it.

I didn't hear Michael anymore and assumed he left out of the bathroom, so I continued to wash the rest of my body before finally getting out. He was sitting down on the bed his feet dangling off the side and a phone in his hand. I grabbed my towel off the rack and wrapped it tightly around me before walking out of the bathroom. He held it out for me and I could tell from the look of the phone that it was brand-new. He must have gone to get him a new one while I was asleep.

"Here," he mumbled, and I took it from his hands.

He hadn't put his lock back on yet, so it was easy to open and since his iCloud was properly backed-up then Lina's number was still listed as a contact. I texted her phone the passcode to mine, so she could send me Shawn's number. It didn't take her long to reply with his contact information. She asked another question in her message that I didn't pay attention to because I was too busy calling Shawn from Michael's phone. I glanced over at him as it rung in my ear, but he wasn't paying attention to me. He had just laid back on the bed with his arms behind his head. For some reason I felt bad because I could see he was upset. When Michael got quiet it was never a good thing and I was going to point that out until Shawn's voice was in my ear.