Chapter 06

The three entered the marketplace. The blind concubine doesn't know which way to go, stumbling forwards in his joy and excitement and scaring Xiao Bao out of his wits.

"Master, there are many horse carriages on this road, be careful!"

"Don't worry; I can hear the horse hooves as they draw near."

The blind concubine walks along the storefronts sniffing here and smelling there, as lively as a puppy.

"Crab meat buns!"

"San Xian noodles!"

"Bai wei soup!"

"Ice peaches!"

His footsteps are light and quick, almost as if he will float into the sky. His pale face blushes red, his cheeks tender and delicate.

The emperor trails behind the blind concubine, silently watching him as he makes a big fuss, as energetic as a child. His pale face is very beautiful.

He looks completely different than when he was in the palace.

Why couldn't he have met him earlier?

He has suffered so much.

The emperor sighs.

Fortunately, he has met him at last.

The blind concubine turns around, "Xiao Bao, do they have the foods written on the list?"

Xiao Bao replies, "Yes yes, once we pass it, I will buy it right after."

The blind concubine nods, "That's good." Then warns, "Don't miss any item."

Xiao Bao smiles, "Don't worry, master."

The three circle the market. As noon approaches, the blind concubine says, "I'm a little hungry."

Xiao Bao stares, "You were running and yelling all over the place. It would be strange if you did not feel hungry."

The emperor says, "Let's find a place to eat."

The blind concubine hurriedly says, "I know somewhere called the Bamboo Pavilion that I've been to many times before in the past. Their foods are fresh but I do not know if this place still exists."

Xiao Bao says, "Let me make some inquiries."

After a while he returns, "Master, they are still open. It is just a little ways in front."

The blind concubine is happy, "Good. Let us go there."

They reach the doors of the Bamboo Pavilion. The front of the shop was not small, the decorations having an imposing style. Customers walk in and out of the bustling restaurant. The emperor was just about to step inside when the blind concubine suddenly quietly cries, "Ah..."

The emperor pauses in mid-step, "What is it?"

The blind concubine quietly says, "We don't have money."

The emperor is curious, "Doesn't Xiao Bao have money in his pocket?"

"We must not use that money! "The blind concubine shakes his head like a rattle drum, "that is the money the palace uses on errands for the king. You'll be punished if you use it and at worst, you'll lose your head!"

The emperor feigns surprise, "It is that serious?"

"Mm." the blind concubine nods, "Do you dare to use the emperor's money?"

The emperor thinks, "...no."

The blind concubine lowers his head at a lost.

The emperor shakes his fan and feigns nonchalance, "I'll treat you to lunch."