Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Cherries.

Luke

"Ugh," Jennie says. "Why is it so crowded?"

"The Night Chicks are performing tonight, duh," Zach replies.

"They're not even that great," she rolls her eyes.

"As if you'd be any better," Zach mumbles and I kick his foot, glaring at him.

"Dude."

"You know, it's true," he replies.

"Come on, let's go sit down," Alex says and we all go take a seat in one of the booths.

The band starts performing as soon as we take a seat. Ever since the music started, I can only think about one thing: when the hell can I go home? I love this diner and spending time in it and everything, but I hate loud places.

I get out my cigarettes pack and grab one, placing it between my lips and lighting it up.

"And he still smokes," Zach comments and I shrug.

A waitress approaches us. "Hello. Welcome to Pinecrest diner, I'll be your waitress for tonight. May I take your orders?"

"Hi, can I have a strawberry milkshake?" Alex tells her and the waitress scribbles it down.

After she's done taking everyone's order, she turns to me and smiles at me, and then she pushes her hair behind her shoulder. I just ignore her actions and take another drag of the cigarette. I should really tell Aunt Tina that her workers are flirting with her nephew.

"What about you?" The waitress asks.

"I'll just take a cherry smoothie. Thanks," I reply.

"You sure you don't want anything else?"

"I'm good," I answer, as I take out my phone to distract myself from her actions.

"Can you please go and get our orders now? Thank you," Jennie tells her and I glance at the waitress to see her rolling her eyes before walking away.

"Dude," Zach says, nudging me.

I look up from my phone, "What's up?"

"That girl is hot," he points at the girl with red hair on stage that's playing the drums.

"And what am I supposed to do with that information?" I ask.

"She is hot," he replies in this tone as if I'm the dumbass here.

"Okay," I fix my gaze on my phone again.

"You have horrible taste in women, that's why you don't see it."

"Thanks, Zach," I say, sarcastically.

After about half an hour, the waitress gets us our orders and I notice that she slipped a paper under the glass. I'm not that surprised when I find her number on it. I crumble up the paper and put it aside. Let's just hope she didn't do anything to my smoothie.

| | | |

"It has been freaking an hour and a half and I still didn't get my cherry cola yet," Jennie complains.

"Didn't you already order it?" I ask.

"I did, but that stupid waitress never brought it," Jennie seethes. "I'm so telling the manager."

"I'll go get it for you," I shrug.

"Really? You would do that for me?" She asks, smiling.

"Yeah, sure."