Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Mother.

I briefly knock on my father's office door before walking in.

I notice that there is a meeting and my family, excluding Andrew, is present.

"Andrea darling, shall we?" my mother gets up, walking in my direction and signaling towards the door with her hand.

I can see her eyes twinkling brightly with curiosity.

I take her hand and we walk out of my father's office and all the way to my bedroom.

As soon as we enter my bedroom, she shuts the door and we lay on the bed, facing the ceiling.

We relax in absolute comfortable silence.

"I love him." I say and she squeals, suddenly on her knees and hitting me with my pillow, joy evident in her stature.

I also find myself in my knees, hitting her back with another one of my pillows.

This continues for awhile until we get tired of squealing and laughing.

"And?" she probes, grabbing my hands in hers.

"And he loves me just as much if not more." I say and she pulls me into her arms, my head on her breast as if I'm a baby.

"I'm happy baby girl." she says before showering me with kisses. This is all she ever wanted for me, the chance to be with a man I love wholeheartedly without having him forced into marriage with me, unlike her.

"But-" I start before she gasps and interrupts me, worry evident on her beautiful face.

"His family isn't necessarily in full support because of our reputation, the Mafia Cavali mama." I say and she sighs, letting go of me and laying her back on the bed.

I look at her.

"Mother, he defended our love but I fear that his defense may crumble if his parents keep on opposing our relationship." I say, looking at my long natural nails which I plan on painting black.

She pulls me towards her and lays my head on her left breast, caressing me softly like she would each time I would be sad, worried or just in need of her touch.

"If he truly loves you, no matter how strong the opposition is, he won't let go of you." she says, kissing the top of my head.

"Anyway, tell me the juicy details! I bet he loved the surprise." she says, spanking my butt.

"Mother!" I yell, embarrassed.

"What?!" she says, as if she just didn't spank me.

"Oh my gosh, I can't discuss such things with you.." I say, hiding my face from her with my left hand.

"Oh come on. How do you think you were made?" she asks while poking my stomach and back using her hands.

"Stop!" I say, giggling and trying to wiggle out of her embrace.

"Why all the giggling in here?" Vadin, who I didn't notice entering my room, asks.

"Your sister is in love." mom gushes, pinching my cheek.

"With?" Vadin asks, his eyebrow raised in wonder.

"Who else?" mom asks him before poking my nose. I gently push her hand away.

"Well?" Vadin probes, looking at me intensely.

"Austin." I say, a smile on my face as I remember our vacation together. It was just so perfect.

I look at Vadin to see his reaction and I'm taken aback at his hard glare.

"What?" I ask, sitting up.

"I forbid your relationship with him." Vadin says and I serve him a cold glare.

Gray eye to gray eye, we glare at each other.

"You have no right." I say, crossing my arms.

"Do not test me Andrea." He says, his eyes slightly darkening like they do when he is very, very angry.

But why is he angry?

What has Austin done to him that has resulted in so much hate and anger for him.

"Why are you so against Austin?" I ask, rolling my eyes at him.

"I will not have my sister played by that dickhead. Never!" he says, pointing his index finger at me.

"He has changed, why can't you just understand?" I ask, my hands raised in the air in frustration.

"A zebra never changes its stripes." He says.

"Son, perhaps he is a horse who had dirt on him that appeared to be like stripes. Andrea could have given him a good wash which has resulted in his true color shining through. Maybe he was never a zebra dear. Let their love flourish and if it isn't meant to be, it won't be." mom says, pulling Vadin by his hand so that he sits on my bed.

"But mother, he is a notorious player. I will not have our name dragged into the mud by that idiot." he says, moms touch weakening him.

"Hey! That's my boyfriend you're calling an idiot." I say, pointing a finger at him, my eyes shining with warnings.

"And you're being an idiot by being with him! Can't you see? He is playing you just like the rest. Fuck! You're so blind." he says, glaring at me.

"Shut up the two of you." mom says, putting her palms on each of our mouths.

"Vadin, let your sister be. She is old enough to know what is good for her and what isn't. Even players settle down and have children." she says and removes her hand from his mouth put keeps her other hand on mine.

"As for you, be careful and respect your brother. He may be younger than you but he is wise and has seen a lot of things in this life. Understood?" she asks, removing her hand from my mouth.

We both nod. Glaring threats at each other.

"Now stop glaring at each other. You're both joining me in the kitchen to cook as a punishment for this little squabble of yours." she says and we both groan.

Vadin immediately gets up and runs out my room.

I quickly join him and we run away from our mother.

Mother surely knows how to serve punishments. She makes us clean the more than clean kitchen from scratch while cooking.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Vadin asks, running faster.

"Wherever you're going, idiot." I say, running after him before jumping on his back and he runs us out the house and into the garden like old times.