|Thirty- four|

Closing the bedroom door behind me, I walked towards the bathroom to take a much needed bath.

I was drained from all the events that had unfold today. Meeting and conversing with Xerxes' brothers as well as the truth I had learnt about Xerxes' family had taken a toll on me.

I was tired and needed to take a bath before I retire back to bed for sleep, but sleep would probably wouldn't visit me tonight.

After learning the truth about Xerxes family, I was left flabbergasted yet astonished by how powerful and mighty they were.

I filled the bathtub before getting rid of my clothes. Stepping into the warmth of the water, I let out a sigh involuntarily.

I closed my eyes briefly, recalling back the conversation I had with Xerxes in his study.

"They were killed in the second great war." Xerxes had said, a coldness in his voice that sent chills down my spine.

I knew about the second great war. Every werewolf knew about the two great wars. The first was fought with the humans and the second war was fought with the god and goddess. The reason still unknown.

His tone was deadly and void of any emotion, the air of authority, dominance and dead bristle in the air making me feel uncomfortable and agitated.

He didn't explain further and I didn't want him to either. I didn't like his tone nor the expression on his face.

The air shifted to something heavy and deadly when his mood changed. Silence stretching between us.

"Tell me about your brothers." I spoke slowly and calmly trying to get rid of the deadly air that surrounded us with the shift in his mood.

One thing I had learnt from being with Xerxes for over six months was to always be patient and calm when dealing with him.

"What do you want to know about them?" He asked, his tone back to the way it used to be while talking with me. Not soft and sweet but calmer than how he sounded with others.

"I want to know about their special abilities." I said unable to hide my excitement. "I think it would be something phenomenal and unimaginable." I couldn't hide my grin.

Despite my reaction, there was none on his face. I couldn't read him like he could read me so openly. "Like mine." He had said after a moment of pause.

Blinking in surprise by his words, I nodded my head as a sign of agreement. I couldn't pin point what he meant by that, or what he was thinking when saying that.
He couldn't possibly be jealous. That was not him.

"Like yours." I said slowly. "Phenomenal and unimaginable." I reassured him further.

A look of satisfaction crossed his features which pleased me.
Who knew that the big bad Alpha wanted to hear praises about himself from his mate.

"Sebastian." He started, his eyes not meeting mine but staring at the other side, away from me. The curtains of the window was drawn and the crescent moon shone like a crystal in the sky, touching us with its light.

After a moment of silence, he continued, a fondness in his voice. "He didn't have any special ability but he was the strongest and bravest werewolf to be ever born."

"Stronger than you?" I couldn't help but ask, my curiosity getting the best of me. It was a known fact that Xerxes- the alpha king was the strongest werewolf in existence.

"Stronger than me." He confirmed. "If I was could stand against hundreds, he could stand against ten thousands. His strength was unfathomable."  I was left baffled by how strong Sebastian was.