20

Flashback

Lately you've been finding yourself in this kind of predicament. As you were on your way to a table, someone nudged you from behind causing you to spill your lunch on someone.

The cafeteria goes silent and Kira's friends comes to her rescue.

"Kira are you okay?"

"It was an—"

One cuts you off harshly. "She was only trying to invite you to her party. You didn't have to do this."

What?

She's crying. Why is she crying? It's not like you did it on purpose. It was an accident. She knows it was an accident.

You also have no idea how she ended up on the ground in the first place. It's not like you pushed her or anything.

But one thing's for sure.

Someone caused you to do this. And it was one of Kira's friends.

Unable to take the murmurs rising, you leave the cafeteria.

Jungkook watches from a distance, not wanting to believe what he was seeing. And this isn't the first time too.

Were you really turning into a bully?

End of Flashback

"You know how mom wanted to become a musician but grandpa didn't let her? Guess her love of music rubbed off on me. And the best part is that I have Grandpa's support. He was so against it before but I'm glad he changed."

"So aside from guitar, what other instruments can you play?"

"Oh uhm. A piano, violin, bass, trumpet, drums are my favorite, oh and cello and other stuffs. I tend to catch on real quick since I'm by hearing."

"That's amazing, Ji. You actually reminded me of that time you tried playing my guitar but your hand couldn't even go around it."

Blushing, he laughs under his breath. "I was still a baby. You know I still have that doll you gave me. I always bring it with me."

"Doll?"

"You probably don't remember but it's the bunny one. You gave it to me because you said I looked like a bunny."

It eventually dawns on you. You remember giving that to him the day he left. The boy was in a critical state and cried so much it broke everyone's heart. Even the nurses that were there to attend to him.

"And you still do. You're just missing long ears that's all." You divert your mind away from the memory. He's fine now and healthy. "So are you planning to stay here for good?"

"I don't know. Mom wants me to stay but grandpa is kinda against it. He said I'll have a hard time adjusting and stuff."

You nod your head in understanding. "But do you want to stay?"

"Now that I've seen noona, yes."

"Aren't you funny." You nudge the plate of untouched muffins. "Here have some."

He nods his head and obediently takes one only to stare at it.

"You don't like it? I can buy another one." You raise an eyebrow. You also feel like you've forgotten something important.

"No no. It's not that. It's just that." He's about to take a bite when you snatch the muffin from him in full panic.

"Jisung why the hell—you know you're allergic to peanuts. " And you can't believe you forgot about it. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because noona bought it."

"Ji—"

"Are you angry?"

"What? Of course not. But god knows what would've happened to you if I didn't remember."

He gives you a soft smile that seemingly drains the stress from your system.

"You know I was a little hesitant to return because I was afraid you wouldn't remember me."

"Of course I'd remember you, Ji. I literally raised you for five years." It was either Mrs Jeon brought her baby to your home or you went to theirs. "I'll go buy something that you're not allergic to."

You got him something a boy his age would enjoy. "So what was Jungkook's reaction of you coming back?"

"Hyung? Oh, I haven't seen him yet." He says innocently. "I don't think he even knows I'm here. But noona, can we not talk about hyung?"

You stop sipping on your drink. "What do you want to talk about then?"

"How about you? Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Uhm no. And I don't think that something you should be thinking about at your age."

"Why not?"

"Because you're still twelve." You tell him. "Kids your age should talk about video games and those other stuffs."

He nods his head in understanding. "You think I'm twelve." He stuffs a spoonful of chocolate cake in his mouth.

What's that supposed to mean?

"Ji, how old are you?"

"Im fourteen years old." He beams. "I'm turning fifteen in five months."

All this time you thought he was twelve. You suddenly have the urge to pull all your hair out. He didn't even try to correct you.

"How old were you when you left then?"

"Seven."

"Not five?"

"I was sickly so it's reasonable to confuse me as a toddler back then. But it's fine."

Now you feel like an idiot. At least he's enjoying the chocolate cake. Or are you wrong with that too?

"Do you want me to pack that up for you? You must be tired from your trip."

"Nope. I feel energized since I'm talking to noona."

Good for him. You on the other hand are exhausted. You stand, barely paying attention to him. "That's nice, Ji."

He frowns as he watches you order a take out and then return. "Let's go. Your mother might be looking for you."

"Mom isn't home right now."

"Really? Where did she go?"

"To Paris since her due date's in two days."