Splatoween

Quick note: check my last update, I've changed the character's ages, please read it if you haven't to avoid confusion when reading this chapter .

Edit: I've deleted the last update already, Coral is 20 and Kai is 19. Bruno and Alex are both 21. In case you missed it.

___________________________________

It was late October, the skies began to turn a light grey and would pour droplets of water onto Inkopolis. To Kai, it was relaxing. He listened to the rain as it softly dribbled the roof of the apartment complex. On the other hand, Coral found that the sound of rain was just another excuse to stay inside and sleep all day.

   It was very early in the morning still, Kai had already woken up but had no intentions of waking Coral up so soon. The apartment filled with silence, it was very quiet but the rain kept Kai some company.

He huffed, he had just remembered that they had to cancel today's turf war matches with Bruno and Alex. He got up and retrieved his small journal from the pocket of his jacket that was neatly folded on one of the lounge chairs. He had decided that he should write more poems in it to ease his boredom.

His eyelashes flickered as he sat by the kitchen counter, thinking. Wondering.

   "What could I write?"

It was difficult to think of a subject, he had already filled the small notebook with poems of all of the mem cakes he collected. He shifted his sitting position, once then twice..until he looked out the window.

   " The rain."

He decided that the rain would be a good start to write a poem about and began to move his writing hand.

  "  The sound of you eases my pain,
  Oh, the sound of you eases my pain.
I could watch you all day and my worries drain."

A small smile lifted his mouth. He felt satisfied with the short poem, he usually hated what he wrote and would just move on to write another one without looking at it ever again or simply ripping it out of frustration.

  A glass of  orange juice would suffice, at the moment his mouth felt too dry. Kai got up from his seat and made a short travel to the fridge.

  Tap tap tap tap

Kai stopped in his tracks, he turned and glanced at the window that the tapping came from.

Nothing.

He shrugged it off and opened the fridge, then again.

Tap tap tap tap tap tap

A bit scared but concerned, he made his way to the window. However, he immediately became confused due to the fact that there was nothing at the window.

That is until a creature with a big mouth and hideous gray flabby skin jumped from the side of the window, scaring Kai.

" GAAHHH!" Kai yelped as he staggered away from the window and fell to the floor.

  His eyes were wild from fear but immediately morphed into confusion as he watched the creature take off its hideous face. It laughed in jumbles.