chapter 48

Morning after the engagement
Murthy mansion

Nandini was sleeping peacefully in her room, a small smile on her face when preeti entered furious. Due the bang of the door nandini woke up startled and upon seeing only preeti standing in front of her glared.

N : what are you doing? Let me sleep

Nandini was about to sleep again when preeti put a newspaper just in front of her face.

N : how will I see from so close

She pulled the newspaper from her hand and saw the details about yesterday there. She smiled on shivaay and anika's pictures. Also the paper contained Manik and her solo's. The headline saying if they are dating or the birthday was just a friendly evening. The media were finally confused about their relationship.

P : u can look at your pictures later. Look below it

Nandini looked at the headline made her take a deep breath . It said "Aditya murthy and Ruhi bhalla spotted together, is love brewing? "

Below it was there picture in which they were standing close with smiles. Ruhi was looking at adi while he looked towards the cameras.

Nandini now understood why preeti was hurt, the picture looked like they were more than friends and with preeti liking Adi

P : why am I so stupid, falling for my best friend's brother

Their were tears in her eyes.

N : shh... Bestie he is stupid, you aren't and is he does anything like this it's his loss. Although I am not saying he will date Ruhi ever. He is yours, it's just taking him time to see it.

Preeti and nandini stay their for a while with the latter consoling the former. Later they both got ready and left for college.

-------
Space academy

Today was a day like all others, but nandini knew her plan was going to happen today. The professor was going to announce the partner and adi was nowhere to be seen. She hadn't seen him since morning and even manik was absent.

She had asked their friends if they knew but no one had any idea. Calling was out of option as she had tried already only to reach the voicemail.

Getting tired she called shivaay. He picked up on the fourth ring

S : yes princess

N : bhai do u know where ate Manik and adi? It's like they have dropped off the face of the earth.

S : why are you getting worked up, they are here at the office. Papa and Raj uncle have new college who have come from America, he wanted us all to meet them. We are signing a major deal with them. U can come if u want

N : won't I be a bother

S : princess even if u entered a ongoing conference, u know none of us would say anything, rather offer u seat. This company is yours too.

N : fine I'll be there

Nandini got in her car and left. Unknown to who she was going to see today.

--------
Murthy industries

Manik and adi were sitting in Adi's cabin discussing about the Canada project.

M : u know we can't do this. The consequences can be too much too handle

Ad : we have no other option. If it works out, we won't even need to tell anyone