chapter nine- bubbles

╔═══════════════╗

LIANA had, amazingly, managed to fool Professor McGongall with her fake slip to Hogsmeade, much to Harry's secret disappointment. The boy who lived would, although he wouldn't admit it, have spent quite happily a day alone with her.

But Liana had decided there was no way she would miss the first trip of the year, and besides, she wanted to visit the three broomsticks and have some butter beer, a drink that her mother used to give them on their birthdays only.

"We'll bring you loads of sweets back from Hogsmeade!" Hermione promised as the golden trio plus Liana stood in the entrance hall, preparing to leave with the rest of the students.

Liana sighed as she tugged her cloak tighter round her shivering body, it may have been the first trip of the year and without snow but she was already freezing. A bitter wind was whipping around the courtyard and Mrs Norris was digging her claws into Filch's shoulder to stop her from being blown away.

"It's fine, you go and have fun," Harry attempting to sound encouraging as he chewed the inside of his cheek with self pity. He longed to go with his friends desperately, but he knew there was no way that was possible. McGongall knew he hadn't had his slip signed and it was too late to try and dash past the dementors anyway.

Liana just rolled her eyes with a small smile.

"I'll see you both in Hogsmeade, I have people to meet-" she gave Hermione and Ron a quick hug and took Harry very much aback by throwing her arms quickly around him as well.

She hadn't intended it to be such a warm hug. Only a brief one armed hug, but to her surprise she found Harry almost instinctively grip her and hug her back. Her nose full of the faint smell of broomstick polish, parchment and smoke as she pressed her cheek against Harry's chest.

She pulled back fairly quickly and brushed the experience off, it felt strange considering she still called him by his last name. A fluttering in her stomach grew as she just drew her cloak around her body again and regained composure.

"See you Potter," she grinned and couldn't help but wink at him, just to get under his skin before she wandered off across the courtyard to chat with Neville and Dean.

"You two still on last names?" Ron asked with surprise and Hermione shook her head at Harry.

"Honestly Harry, she's very nice if you get to know her better-"

"I'll bear that in mind Hermione," Harry folded his arms across his chest defensively.

He felt it was hardly his fault that he had this odd feeling whenever he was around her. Being friends with her was going to drive him quietly mad until he could comprehend what these feelings were.