25.

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐

TWENTY FIVE.

        "Hey, you okay?" 

        Stiles watched as Sage got into the car, her hands shaking as she slammed the door closed. He'd been waiting outside of the clinic for nearly an hour, playing around on his phone or texting Scott. Both boys were growing concerned for their long time friend, feeling as though the more this Kanima creature roamed around, the more unstable Sage was becoming. There was always this growing fear of the Kanima being someone the blonde was connected to, therefore complicating the situation even more.

        He just wanted her to be okay. After formal, his girlfriend seemed to be holding on to her sanity by a thin string. After finding the word Altor, going off on Allison, Peter's death, and most importantly what Sage had refused to acknowledge the whole way here: why hadn't Sage been effected by Derek's cut. Scott already informed him about the lack of injuries on Sage's body after he fought with Derek's beta's. Stiles could only come up with one explanation and that was that Sage was no longer connected to Derek. 

        Sage looked up, and nodded a few more times that necessary, "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." 

        "What did he say?" Stiles asked, stretching out his words. He didn't want to pressure her into telling him anything but at this point, knowing what she was could possibly be the best thing for them right now.

        "Uh," Sage croaked out, "Have you ever heard of an Altor Druid?

        "No," Stiles denied, "I mean, I'm sure I could find something—" 

        Sage immediately protested, "No, Deaton already told me enough. Um, apparently Druids are able to become all sorts of things. Some become healers, others are guides. He was saying our history is what creates us, so I guess my ancestors loved overdosing in pain." It brought a sickening feeling to her stomach even thinking about how many other people have gone through the same thing; how her brother went through it. 

        "Wait, so you're a druid?" Stiles asked, furring his eyebrows. "Does he know why your body replicates?" 

        "He says when I get older, I'll be able to experience injuries before they happen." 

        Stiles fell back into his seat, surprised at all of the information. When he saw that she wasn't the least bit excited about this like he imagined she would have been, his lips twitched into a frown. Deaton had to have told her something more than just what what she was. Shifting around in his seat, he reached over to rest a hand on her knee. "Sage?" 

        "I'm fine," She nodded, looking up to give Stiles a reassuring smile. "I'm just a little overwhelmed. I thought knowing what I am, what my family was, it would make things better, easier to understand. I was waiting for some big revelation, but it doesn't really change anything. I'm still going to be in agony every five minutes. I'm still going crazy with questions." 

        She wasn't going to tell Stiles about what Deaton said about her mother. There was no reason to further worry him because the information given didn't even matter anymore. She was dead, Luke was dead, her dad was dead. Deaton telling her that only made her ask more questions that he couldn't answer. Informing Stiles, with how worried he already was about her, is nothing but a disaster waiting to take place. 

        She felt Stiles squeeze her knee before moving back to his original position, hands tightening their grip on the steering wheel. "Things will be okay, we just have to survive the rest of the school year. Hopefully summer will be uneventful and boring."