○ THIRTY- TWO ○

○ THIRTY- TWO ○

"Three things I want to bring up about this particular subject" Mr Gibson said as the class groaned.

I felt a nudged in my arm and I turned my head to look at Conner. "So now that you and Matthew are back together, are you guys going to the dance this Friday night?" he asked, whispering.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, I can only assume yes" I whispered back.

"We should all get a limo together" Conner replied, grinning.

"Conner! Something you'd like to share with the class?" Mr Gibson asked, making everyone in the room look at us.

Conner gave Gibson a dashing smile. "Sir, I was just expressing to Shelby the importance of this subject and the relevantly facts to the school dance" Conner replied.

I hid my laugh under a cough. "Really, how? Please do explain" Gibson asked, frowning.

"Well we all know that the school dance houses one of the best competitions in the whole world, the crowning of King and Queen" Conner replied, making some girls squeal excitedly.

"But with today's issues, we might simply lose that tradition" Conner said, appearing to look very calm and smart.

I watched him with a smirk on my face as he dug a deeper hole to put himself into. "Explain further" Gibson said, genuinely curious now.

"Well, the King and Queen are all expected to look a certain way, with no offense and only to explain my case, no one is going to vote for an overweight girl when they could have a beautiful girl that's ten times skinnier, and what about Transgender? Will anyone here vote for a Queen when said Queen used to be a boy? I doubt it, as much as I fully support the LBGTQ community, and as much as we try; society will never change" he finished.

Gibson thought it over. "So in your theory, you believe that if we allow transgender and kill off the weight shaming, we should have a better society?" Gibson asked, raising an eyebrow at Conner.

"All I am saying Mr Gibson, is that it would be a step in the right direction" he replied, smiling.

Mr Gibson looked at Conner proudly. "Well done, A effort for you Conner, you argued well" he replied before clapping his hands.

I joined in before patting Conner's shoulder. The bell rang and we all stood up. "Phew, that was close" Conner said before rolling his eyes.

I grinned as Mr Gibson sidled up to us, everyone else was leaving. "Conner, you should consider joining the debate team, you would be a great asset" he said, shaking Conner's hand.

"With all due respect sir, joining the debate team is social suicide, and being in a band I have to keep an appearance" Conner replied.

I gasped. "I see, well if you ever reconsider, my door is always open" Gibson said before walking away.

Stifling a laugh, we shouldered our bags and walked out of class. "I can't believe you just told him his debate team was social suicide" I said. before laughing.

"What? It's true" he replied, lifting one shoulder into a shrug.

I laughed before noticing Wes, Harry and Matthew waiting for us. "Hey!" Harry said excitedly before kissing Conner on the cheek when we reached them.

Conner batted him away. "You'll never guess what just happened" I said as I stood beside Matt.

He slid an arm around my waist as the group looked at me. "Conner totally destroyed Mr Gibson in class and then proceeded to tell him that his debate team was social suicide" I replied before laughing.

Wes snorted. "You always were a public speaker" Matt replied, glancing at his best friend.

"I was merely discussing the importance of how society is fucking everything up" Conner replied.

"True dat!" Wes hollered.

I rolled my eyes before turning to Matthew. "Hey" I said quietly as Conner punched Wes on the arm.

"Hey" he replied, before leaning in and kissing my cheek.

I blushed and looked down shyly. "Uh oh, Hurricane Courtney has landed" I heard Harry mutter.

We all looked in the direction he was looking only to see her slam her locker shut and turned towards us. She froze, her eyes glaring into ours. "What are you looking at, freaks?" she shrieked.

"Not quite sure yet, I'll let you know when I talk to animal control!" Harry replied almost instantly.

She growled and turned around, storming away. "Harry, that wasn't nice" I said, giving him a look.

"What? She deserves everything she gets, all during class she kept throwing paper at me with the 'gay idiot' written on it.. I mean, at least come up with something worth writing" he replied brushing it off but I could see it had actually affected him.

"Well she got one thing wrong, you are not just any gay idiot, you are my gay idiot" Conner said before leaning down and pecked Harry on the lips.

I smiled but Wes looked away. "I'll never understand people in relationships, being single is hell fun!" he exclaimed.

"That's because you aren't in a relationship" Matthew replied, looking pointedly at him.

The bell rang again and I looked at Matt. "See you after class?" I asked, drowning out Wes and Conner's bickering.

"Yeah of course" Matt replied.

I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his gently. "Okay, love birds, keep it PG" Harry said as he took a hold of my arm.

I let him pull me away and I waved at Matt, Conner and Wes before glancing at Harry. "Hey, you know with what Courtney wrote, she's wrong" I said, making him look at me as we walked to class.

"What do you mean?" he asked, confused.

"You aren't an idiot, you're one of the smartest guys I know" I replied.

Harry shrugged as we pushed open the classroom door. "I know, but I guess just only being defined as gay irked me" he replied.

"I bet, but look your friends all love you for who you are and hell you scored the best boyfriend ever, so in truth I think she's only nit-picking at you because you are better than her in every way" I replied.

Harry smiled at me as we took our seats. "You think?" he asked, sounding a little tired.

"Of course" I replied, turning to face the front as class began.

"Thanks Shels" he whispered.

I smiled.

A/N

Another chapter?
What did you think?

Do you believe in Conner's philosophy?

Is Harry going to be okay?

Onto the next chapter!
Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo