Chapter 10: Another Chance?

Monday
12th November 2018

2:25 p.m

Mahogany Ross' POV

I sat in my History class waiting for the bell to ring

I sat in my History class waiting for the bell to ring. I just wanted to go home today. Kain finally clocked on to what had happened. He tried apologizing but I didn't forgive him. We're not on talking terms and as of now, I don't want to see him or I'll be the one going to jail. The bell finally rang and I quickly packed my books away into my bag.

"Please read chapter 5 to 8 and next lesson, we'll analyze it all." My teacher said, "Oh, and Mahogany. Could you please stay behind?" She asked with a smile.

I huffed and took a seat looking at Athena who said she'll wait for me, "What's up?" I asked once everybody had left.

"What's going on? You're usually so attentive in lesson. Is everything okay at home?" She asked.

"Everything is great. I'm just not in the mood this whole week. Don't worry, I'm taking in the information." I shrugged and stood up.

"I hope you are, Miss Ross." She grinned before dismissing her.

"What was that all about?" Athena questioned.

"Nothing, don't worry about it." I said smiling.

"Man, I heard that Kain's outside today." Athena whispered.

"I really do not care about him. I should've listened to my heart instead of my head. I shouldn't have spoken to him in the first place. Remember how I'd say that he's too old for me? He'll bring nothing but trouble, I'm telling you." I huffed.

"So, where you heading today?" Athena questioned.

"I'm going to meet my cousin at the mall today. She arrived this morning after I left for school." I shrugged.

"Mhm..I'll see you later, girl." She gave me a hug before walking off.

I spotted Kain from the corner of my eye and rolled my eyes once he looked at me. He didn't seem to move from his position. His eyes were just on me as some of the girls tried to get his attention that they were failing to get. I quickly glanced at Kain and our eyes somehow locked but he smirked for a second before doing something that made me angry inside. He gripped Jasmine's ass and gave her a kiss. He slowly placed his hands into the back pockets of her jeans. That used to be our thing! I unlocked the car door with my key and got inside whilst huffing.

"He's so annoying..." I said to myself.

-

"Damn! How long has it been? 5 or 6 years now?" She folded her arms.

"I know right. What made you come down here?" I took a sip of my milkshake.

"My mom kicked me out of the house. I gave her a pregnancy scare again and she just couldn't take it anymore. I tried living at my friends but that wasn't working out. So, I thought of you and Aunt Shereen." She explained.