Vol 3 Chap 82 - You are more than a servant to him

XH 82 - You are more than a servant to him

"Angel - I mean, Feng Jiu, is the Third Prince celebrating his birthday now at the Pearl Courtyard?"

Feng Jiu stopped writing and replied with a shake of her head. The Third Prince had left not long ago and the sky was already dark.

Feng Jiu decided to accompany the resting yet restless Xiao Hua, at the same time busily writing something on the stack of papers laid out on the table.

"The night celebration is canceled."

Xiao Hua's heart stopped momentarily before it resumed at a faster pace. "Why? Is it because of me? The fire had caused a lot of mess?"

Placing down the brush, the lady in red stood up and walked towards Xiao Hua that was forced to lie down on the bed by the Third Prince.

Her body still feels sore and tired to move around. Lying down on the bed seems like a nice thing to do for the lazy Xiao Hua, but she grew bored with no laptop or mobile phone to keep her attention occupied.

There was a time she got bored and asked for novels, which Duan XiYing brought some for her. But the words were too advanced for the beginner Xiao Hua so Duan XiYing ended up reading aloud for her. Le XiaoTing, who had read dozens of interesting romance books before hitting the genre of transmigration and reincarnation, could not help but cringe upon the cheesy and sexist stories of this world.

Since then, she was no longer interested in the novels of this world. The idea of making Heise wrote some BL novels came into mind, but she rather he focused his energy on searching for any clues to help them return to their original world than occupying her bored mind.

Duan XiYing had suggested more training when she complained she was bored, but a lazy person would remain lazy even in boredom.

Speaking of Duan XiYing, Xiao Hua wondered when she would return. There was no word of how long she would 'help out'.

"The fire is just one of the reasons for Long Zhu to cancel the night feast." Feng Jiu rubbed Xiao Hua's head affectionately as she patiently explained. "He is not in the mood to celebrate when you are injured."

It was unclear how she would have the feeling of wanting to treat this little girl nicely despite only knowing her for half a day. Perhaps Feng Jiu had not met such a clear yet lazy eyes that belonged to a fourteen-year-old girl with a prince as her master.

Strangely, those eyes reminded her of Doctor Bai's, even if they were different. 

"A servant getting injured should not be a big deal."

Feng Jiu smiled and poked a slender finger onto Xiao Hua's soft cheek. "You are more than a servant to him."

Xiao Hua's eyes clearly revealed mixed feelings to Feng Jiu's words before they were hidden away. "I should not be."

The younger girl closed her eyes with body language that told Feng Jiu she was not willing to continue the conversation. It was rude to do so but if Xiao Hua did not stop the conversation, she might have exposed something she wanted to keep hidden.

🖤🖤🖤

Long Zhu stared at the reports on his table in a distracted manner, his mind unable to fully concentrate on the issues that needed his urgent attention.

Three brief knocks at the door got his far away mind back to reality. "Master, An Wan is here to report the search of that servant's room."

"Enter," Long Zhu answered curtly and placed down his brush.