The Snooty Producer

Rachel's POV

Everything in my life was falling apart. My love life. My career. My reputation.

After Slashed, I had nothing to do. Nobody had hired me for any projects, ever since the scandal happened.

Nobody wanted me.

I guess it's what I deserved after all. I was horrible towards Annabeth and Percy, and thank the Gods they had forgiven me. At least I have my friends. Or at least the ones I didn't lose.

About Percy. We started the relationship after working on the same movie together and he asked me out shortly after. Everything seemed fine with him, but I didn't feel the connection. I just felt like he didn't care about me enough. He was like a workaholic and would never do anything slightly romantic with me.

Luke on the other side, appeared and started minor flirting with me. He cared. Or at least it seemed like he did. He took me out to romantic dates and everything you could imagine. I was too scared to let go of Percy. He was sweet and kind, even though I now agree he was never my type.

But after I got caught cheating, everything went downhill. I was on the cover of every gossip magazine you could imagine. You know the title like "More Truth about the Rachel Dare cheating scandal" or "Rachel Dare, the manipulative cheater that broke a star's heart". No one would interview me, promote me, people began trashing my music and calling it the devil's tunes. My social media comments were worse, if you know what I mean. 🐍🐍🐍

I was the villain in the story. I was the bad guy. Everybody knew me as the person I wasn't.

I began a relationship with Luke, but he didn't love me anymore. He never hung out, he didn't care, and seemed to ignore me more often.

I bet it was an act. Just to get at his enemy.

I got so jealous when Annabeth came along, I wanted to get Percy back. It was bad, but I could never remind myself of how bad it was. I was blind-sighted by what I wanted back in my life. It wasn't until Percy told me after that I snapped out of it. My close, few friends helped me get over him and stop the bad things I was doing.

Now I was lounging by the drinks in the party room, bored out of my mind as pop music blasted my ears.

Only half of the cast was here, the rest left for after parties, etc. Surely, my manager had convinced me the party invitations I usually got must've somehow been sent to the "wrong address". Like I'd buy that.

Some other celebrities were also in the party room, but not talking to me, obviously. Everybody was chatting away happily and I was just here counting sheep.

"I don't CARE if you fire, Ethan! He's nothing but a nincompoop," a sudden voice interrupted.

A scrawny guy with blonde hair and cold, blue, menacing eyes came out, yelling at his phone. I felt like I knew him from somewhere.

"Just fire him, you idiot. There's nothing else left to do! I don't care if he's your cousin!" he yelled again.

I felt bad for the guy he was talking to. I hate people in Hollywood like that. Control freaks.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he hung up the phone and looked up at me, who was staring directly at him. I quickly hid under the drinks table, trying to get him to not see me. I rested my head on the table leg, hoping he ignored me.