EP 28: HERE WE GO AGAIN

Episode 28: Here We Go Again

Its been 4 months. 4 months with no call from Kai about Alexander. With Angie slurping on her milkshake in joy, I couldn't help but let a gentle smile lace on my lips.

In those 4 months, Angie and I went off to Paris, Italy, Switzerland. And here we are now, in Germany.

" Uncle Gabriel...you still haven't drank your milkshake." She pouted, clearly feeling creeped out by how I'm just admiring her.

Just looking at her, makes me fall once more in love with Alexander. Never once did he leave my mind for the past 4 months.

" Sorry princess," I took a gulp of my chocolate milkshake ti make her giggle. My phone buzzed.

Just ignore it.

It buzzed once more. This has been the first of many times throughout the past 4 months--- long apologetic messages from Charlotte.

Kara gave it all away -- Charlotte was my blackmailer. The sweet innocent strawberry blonde girl I thought was completely harmless turned out to be my blackmailer. Unbelievable!

And she did that all because of her infactuation with me, her jealousy towards Alexander and how foolish was I not to notice that she was always around me when I received messages.

" Uncle Gabriel...you still haven't told me when daddy will wake up from his sleep.." Angie tried bringing up the topic I was hoping to avoid discussing with her.

Honestly, i didn't know how much more I could lie to those cute pair of eyes.

" Soon princess..." I mumbled.

" But I want to talk to him now! I could wake daddy up every morning so maybe if we shake him hard enough...he will wake up!! What do you think Uncle Gabriel?" Hope shone in her eyes. I wasn't planning to kill the light in her eyes.

I nodded with a small smile.
" good idea Angie, we will be back soon and I promise you that we will head over to see him immediately." I took his small hand in mine.

I wasn't sure whether it was just me but the diner was boiling, so I decided folded up the selves of my shirt.

" Uncle Gabriel do you like daddy?" Angie played around with her straw. I was slightly taken aback.

How was I suppose to answer her?

If my mom asked me, maybe it would have been easier to just blurt out 'I'm in love with Alexander', but I knew that Angie was way too young to get involved this.

" We are good friends.." I kept her hand in mine. She nodded before tracing a frivolous pattern on my arm. Over the months, I could officially say that Angie was like a daughter for me.

Sighing, I never expected my life to turn out like this -- I should have been submitting my artwork by now or probably locked up in my room. I tensed upon feeling Angie's fingers touch my scars gently.

" Are you an angel Uncle Gabriel?" She whispered out in awe which made my expression twist in confusion.

I was far from an holy angel.
" What?"

She paused, raising a finger in the air.
" Daddy always told me that those who have marked wrists."

I glanced at my wrists, it reminded me of the dark times before I became more open to the idea of being possibly gay. I wasn't really sure till now, afterall it didn't matter to me as long as I had Alexander.

I'm not gay. I'm not bisexual. I'm Gabriel Harris and if people can't except me the way Alexander can...then I'm come to realise that they have to change, not me.

I let out a small laugh,
" I'm not an angel Angie."

I didn't really comprehend what Alexander exactly told Angie bit she continued to explain with a dimpled grin.

" Of course you are! Daddy said that only angels harm themselves because they dont like life on earth. This world is destroying them so they try to return to heaven again. They are too sensitive to the pain of others and their own."

I was blown away, at the loss of words to be exact. I didn't know how to feel at the moment.

Swallowing hard, I ruffled Angie's hair.
" You know, your father is very wise." Alexander was truly one of a kind, and yet he's the one lying in a coma.

As I was about to plant a kiss on Angie's head, my phone rang once more. Letting out a frustrated grunt, I took a moment yo look at the caller ID.

And that's when my heart stopped.

Kai was calling...

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

/ hey loves/

Its been long since i updated and im really sorry! I've been busy lately and yes, this will be the last book of this series!🤧🤧 *but* I'll be starting a new series who0p! I'm so excited so stay tune!

Omg so what are your thoughts so far?? Let me know, I'll love to hear!

Love yall

Celine