|69| perfectionists

Leave ⭐️ A ⭐️ Vote ⭐️ Pwease~

Mr. Bang was very friendly last week when we got my working hours in order. At times a little too friendly, but I'll take that over a mean, stuck up boss any day.

Today is finally the day I get to put my new training to the test. Although I had worked in the cafe, a park cafe is way different to a classy restaurant. We don't open until 5pm here and close at midnight, different to the park where we worked from 3-8. I guess sleeping is out of the question...

I enter the restaurant wearing a suit similar to the one I wore last week, except this one is grey. I don't know how long I can keep up these outfits. True I'll be getting paid to afford them, but it'll be hard not wearing the same things over and over. Not to mention my head hurts from this tight hairdo. I almost had a heart attack when I saw my pay rate. Just six weeks of working here would've got me out of my shopping debt.

Once I'm in the diner, Mr. Bang approaches me with spread arms and a smile.

"Good afternoon Lilo, I hope you're excited for your first day! I may be observing to see how you get on, but don't pay me any mind, I'm sure you will do just fine."

"Thank you Mr. Bang, I won't let you down."

"Since there's still time before we open and you know the ropes, how about you meet your co-workers? They're right over there." He places a hand on my shoulder and points to a group of four people, two women and two men.

One of the men wears tight fitted clothing and carries a feminine aura, so I'll assume he's gay, the first woman is taller with curly brunette hair, and the second woman has an orange bob. They all look stuck-up and older, possibly mid to late twenties.

Each pair of eyes peer in my direction and scan me from head to toe when Mr. Bang pushes me forward against my will. I feel my body harden into stone by their judgmental glares.

"Everyone, this is Lilo, she'll be working with you from now on. Please treat her well. I'll give you all some time to get to know each other." Mr. Bang pats my shoulder before leaving my side.

I take a deep breath, trying to vacuum the butterflies flocking around my stomach. I can't deny that I miss the girls badly, even though I know two of them don't feel the same about me. Three if you include Chrys. Hopefully I'll have a lot in common with this new crew.

"H-hi, my names Lilo. I'll be your new co-worker. I hope we can all become good friends."

They all exchange muted looks until I catch the girl with orange hair covering her upper lip to conceal her snickers. The smile on my fades a bit and cheeks sting with blood. Did I say something wrong?

"W-what are your names?" I add to fill the silence.

The gay man clears his throat and points down the line, "I'm William, that's Charles, Georgina and Cassie. There are more workers, but they're rather irrelevant."

"Oh... Well it's nice to meet you all." I bow.

Cassie, the girl with orange hair, proceeds to hide her face and snicker at me. I decide to speak up when the action starts getting to me, trying to sound as civilised as possible—

"Is there a problem?"

They all look at me as if I've just insulted their mothers. Cassie's eyes widen at my tone before her head jerks with attitude, "Did I say there was a problem, newbie?"

My teeth clench behind my lips and fists ball up at the sound of her snobby British accent. I can already tell this girl and I aren't going to get along, but with Mulan and Trisha finally out of my life, another enemy is the last thing I need.