22: Pancakes

Ezra's view

Avery heads into her room and grabs clothes, she hands me some to change and I start taking my clothes off in the bathroom as she goes into her bedroom to change.

I take my time as I repeat the events that just occurred a few minutes ago in my head. I can't help but smile as I remember Avery telling me she loves me too. She loves me. Fuck, I feel so happy.

When I finally finish changing I enter Avery's room and find her laying down on her bed with her eyes clothes. Is she asleep? Only one way to find out.

I make my way over to her bed and jump down next to her and she looks at me in surprise but changes her expression when I wrap my arm around her and pull her closer.

This time Avery doesn't hesitate at all as I lean in to kiss her. She kisses me back with the same passion and love I have for her. She pulls away and cutely puts her head in the crook of my neck.

I pull her on top of me and hold her in my arms. She looks at me with such a cute smile and quickly kisses my nose then looks away in embarrassment.

"You are so cheesy," I tease giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Yes, yes I am, and you love it," she jokes back.

"You're right, I love it. I can't get enough of it," I reply.

"See, there's your soft spot showing," she teases again as she lays her head on my chest.

"Fine, fine, I have a soft spot. But, only for you, and don't go around telling people this," I say gently kissing her head.

We lay there in pure bliss with each other before our stomachs start growling.

I laugh and ask her, "What are you in the mood for?"

"PANCAKES!" she yells sitting up almost smacking me in the face.

"Damn, I had no idea you would be this excited for pancakes," I say teasing her.

"Whatever, I'm really hungry," she says getting up from the bed.

"Okay, then, let's go on our date," I reply getting up as well.

"Date? Don't you think we are a bit passed that?" she asks smirking at me.

"Love, I know that we have already declared our feelings for each other, but I have yet to take you on a first date. Better late than never," I reply hugging her from behind.

"Oh god, we really are a cheesy couple," Avery teases as she turns around in my arms to kiss me.

"Yes we are, let's just embrace it. I'm too happy to care," I say grabbing her jawline so I can pull her in for another kiss.

We make out for a few more minutes before our stomach growling interrupts us again. We head out of her house and she looks around.

"Where's your car?" Avery asks.

"It's a block away," I reply intertwining our fingers and pulling her in the direction.

"Why is it so far away? You could have parked it near my house," she replies.

"No, because then your parents would be suspicious, stupid. They know what my car looks like," I tease her.

"Oh. Well, I'm lucky I have a smart girlfriend to think through things like this for me," she says squeezing my hand.

"It's more like the other way around," I reply.

Avery abruptly stops us and turns me around to look at her. She reaches up to put her hands on my cheeks.

"You're fucking smart, stop degrading yourself," she says before kissing me.

After the kiss I look at her dazed, "Damn I love it when you curse and kiss me like this."

"Well then, get used to it," she replies smirking and walking ahead without me. I jog to catch up to her and we make it to my car.

We head to Ihop, so that I can make my girl happy and get her pancakes.

We can't stop talking the whole time we wait for our food; everything just feels so natural with Avery.

It still feels like she is my best friend, the only difference is that now I can kiss and hug her and tell her how much I love her. Everything is turning out to be fine and instead of being pained over leaving my mom, I feel happy.

I feel like I don't need to have a care in the world right now. I feel at peace. I feel loved.

Avery tries to take a huge bite of her pancake and gets maple syrup on her nose making me laugh. She's just too cute, so I grab a napkin and wipe her nose.

"Wow, who knew this is what a real loving girlfriend is like," she comments taking another bite of her pancake.

My attitude shifts as I remember Avery telling me how shitty her last girlfriend was to her.

"Hey, forget about that last bitch. I love you. This is what love is and if I need to show you that everyday so you get used to it, then I will. You deserve the world," I say.

Avery smiles and replies with, "I love you too, Ezra."

I love the sound of that. It replays over and over in my head. I guess I'm learning what love is too now.

---------------

author note:  Sorry that it took me a while to update this story. I had a very busy week, but i should be updating more next week.