Chapter 2: His Return

Savannah knew the moment she couldn't find Brandon that the man was running away. She had asked a few other employees about his whereabouts and they said he had left the building.

Savannah was pissed though, but she didn't need to worry about that. Pulling the phone out of her pocket, she immediately called Janet.

"Yes?" Janet answered in the third ring, sounding a bit tired. This made Savannah worry.

"Jane? Are you alright?"

"Savannah?" Her voice turned excited. "Of course I am alright. Just a bit tired after returning from university. Where have you been? You didn't call me," she acussed.

"I am sorry." Savannah sounded guilty. "I was a bit busy planning my moving here. Guess what? I am in grandma's house right now. I am taking a break for a while..."

"Oh." Janet knew what Savannah was talking about. Since five years ago, her life had been good until things took turn again in the most unexpected way. What hurt Savannah most was the fact that grandpa had gone, and she wasn't there on his last day.

"Since you are there, I think about visiting grandma if there is free time later." Janet told her. "And by the way, do you meet Brandon?"

The mention of Brandon reminded Savannah why she called Janet in the first place, well, beside expressing her longing to meet again with her cousin.

"Err... I kinda met him today."

"Sav, how long you have been in grandma's house? And kinda met him?" Janet asked curiously.

"A week I think. Well, your boyfriend was sneaking out from me. He have been hiding from me since I started to work on his work place too." Savannah told Janet while smirking. Brandon better prepared of what was about to come.

"Really?" She heard the surprise on Janet's tone. Then her tone turned upset as she said, "Excuse me, Sav. I need to call that idiot right now."

Janet hung up. Savannah looking at her phone while grinning evilly. Brandon would regret running away from her.

Picking up her things, Savannah immediately got up and headed toward the door. Her mind was too occupied with a lot of things that she wasn't looking where she was going until she bumped into someone.

"Oh! I am sorry." Savannah apologized, slowly picking up her scattered things while the man helped. She sighed as he handed her her things. Looking up, Savannah was met with a pair of grey eyes.

He was staring at her with raised eyebrow. They were staring at each other while crouching down on the floor. Cliche, Savannah thought.

When the man cleared his throat, Savannah immediately snapped out of her trance and got up. The man followed.

"I haven't seen you around here. Who are you?" He asked.

"Savannah Dawson. The temporary receptionist, Sir." Savannah was sure he had power in this building, judging from his looks and how he carried himself.

The man furrowed his eyebrow, then nodded. Savannah was aware that the man was studying, assessing her. "You are the temporary receptionist replacing Angie?"

Savannah nodded. "Yes."

"I wish we could talk to know each other more. But, I have bussines to attend." He checked his watch then gave her a small smile. "And by the way, my name is Lucas Holt. I am the secretary."

"Feel free to ask for my help whenever you have problem." With that, he gave her one last look and made his was toward the boss' office. Savannah watched as his hand slowly touching his brunette hair, then he disappearred inside the room.