Chapter 7: The Battle Wolf part 2

As they walked down the stairs, Sarafina couldn't help but feel the people's eyes watching them. She could practically hear their thoughts, judging them. She hated the many eyes on her. It's fine it they were Gourmet Beasts, but humans....human eyes were not so easy to brush off. "But I heard people generally can't get into the research facility. So this place, the coliseum, is different.." Komatsu said. That's right. They said so right from the beginning. Wait...didn't he also mention that these rich people... had the money? "Hey, hey Komatsu! Take a good look at the crowed!" The chef took a moment to really look at them before saying, "These people...there... I feel like I've seen them before."

"Of course. The customers of this place are mostly presidents of every country and famous wealthy. Gourmet mania is only for the wealthy." Toriko told him. "The IGO, International Gourmet Organization, has gone past its foundations as a united nations specialised agency. That's due to the great demand for gourmet ingredients that it's become a huge organization. Nowadays its grown into a gigantic independent organization. The current number of member nations is 360, even exceeding the member-nation count of the united nations. A lot of the people here are all the IGO member-nations VIPs. Now, because they want to see this coliseum, country heads joining in the IGO are here." Mansam laughed as he said, "With only that, this place has a thrilling fascination, doesn't it? You can't stop with seeing just one wild beast battle! Its poisoning! Now this place has been established as officially the place to let out stress for rich men!"

Well, that one part she can agree on. This place is like a poison and not the addicting kind. The atmosphere alone was making her feel sick and the fact that knowing these disgusting people were here to make money and such doesn't make it any more bearable. "And gambling is also done here." The chief said with a grin. "An enormous amount of money gets moved in one day. Particularly today." Mansam said. Eventually, the group made their way and sat down on some very luxurious seats. They were practically in front of the battle dome! The sound of gates being drew her attention and nearly gasped from the many energies she was feeling. The first beast before them, resembled that of a an elephant but it is in fact a green dinosaur-like creature. It has a pair of tusks growing out of the sides of its trunk-like neck, its head is located at the end of the "trunk" and it has a hunched back that resembles an Elephant's head, even having two indentations which resemble eyes on it. The only thing it lacks to perfect the Elephant-like appearance are the ears.

"Elephantsaurus!" The announcer shouted as the next gate opened up to reveal a giant breed of walrus with navy skin with blue tiger-like stripes. Its eyes are completely black with yellow pupils and its mouth is full of sharp teeth and two huge tucks that nearly touched the ground. "From the second gate is the amphibious devil! Growlrus!" A chuckle was heard from the other side of her. "Looks like the contestants got your attention." The chief said. The girl bit back a growl before replying, "I was just surprised that's all. I've haven't seen some of these creatures before today." The third gate revealed a troll kong's boss, SilverBack. "Next, is the Reaper of the Skies, Gerold!" The fourth gate popped out a large orange bird beast whose most notable trait are its five heads as well as its uniquely shaped body with both rotund and lean characteristics. It has very long and lean legs capable of easily supporting its weight as well as a pair of moderately sized wings.

"A..amazing! They're all famous wild beasts!" Komatsu went, putting his hands on the glass as they watched the animals walk up to each other, growling and snarling, ready for a fight. Fight...she felt her stomach drop and turn away. "They're the usual matches, the most popular wild beasts, as always but what today's customers came for are the wild beasts in gates 6 and 7." The chief got that excited look in his eyes as he finished, "The Battle Wolf and the Devil Serpent!" Sarafina looked at Mansam in shock. "You actually have an Battle Wolf?" She only heard many stories about those magnificent creatures and dreamed of seeing one....she never thought that the IGO had actually have one with them. Toriko smirked as he said, "Heh..the two animals that were said to compete for the strongest position in ancient times?" The hunter crossed his arms over his chest as he continued. "A match won't be interesting, though. Its said that the battle wolf is nearly extinct in the wild. Though it should be fun to see one."