Ass-mar

A/N: ..... LOTF FTW.

                                                                            Chapter 4: Ass-mar?

Jay tried taking deep breaths to keep his fangs from growing longer, though it was futile. They extended fully, he covered his mouth with one hand to prevent the other's from seeing them protrude from his lips.

He was thankful that his bangs covered his glowing red bloodlust eyes, the problem would be at night where the glow would be even more visible.

Zack and Mira looked over at Daniel to ask about something but their gazes shifted to Jay, who looked like he was in pain.

"Daniel, what's up with Jay?" Mira asked alarmed as Daniel turned to see the blond covering his mouth and breathing heavily.

"Jay?! What's wrong?" Daniel asked as he gripped Jay's arm, as Jay restrained himself from lunging at Daniel, opening his mouth to bite into the poor boy's neck, and proceed to drink until his thirst was satisfied.

Jay shook his head as he willed his fangs as best as he could to retract and become normal again.

"Does he have ass-mar?" Zack asked as Mira gave him a look.

"It's ASTHMA Zack not ass-mar! Anyway this is serious! Jay could die from an attack like this!" Mira spoke as Daniel held Jay close to his chest, unknowingly making the other worst.

"Someone find Jay an inhaler or call the hospital!" Daniel said as Mira began dialing the hospital as Zack looked in the nearby pharmacy to get an inhaler.

Jay's face was pressed against the junction between Daniel's neck and shoulders, he was so close. He could open his mouth and bite it, after all it was right there. Unguarded, tantalizing Jay with it's delicious scent.

Daniel didn't seem to notice Jay gripping his shoulder and side tightly, as he murmured to Jay, "Come on Jay, try to breath...... try..... stay in control."

Jay's eyes widened beneath his bangs as he realized he was tethering closer to blood lust again, he took a deep breath as he tried once again to will his fangs back.

Jay felt the fangs slowly retract back into his skull as he thought of the harm he would cause to others if he continued to allow this to happen to the point of snapping entirely.

Mira had gotten off the phone with an ambulance on its way.

"Here! I found an inhaler!" Zack exclaimed breathless as he shoved the still packaged product at Daniel who hastily opened it and offered it to a confused Jay.

Jay stared blankly as he calmed his breathing completely, though he knew he'd have a lot of explaining to do when the ambulance arrived and the fact that he didn't need an inhaler.

Daniel, Zack, and Mira were confused when they saw Jay merely shove the inhaler into his pocket and stood looking at them all as if he hadn't almost given them heart attacks.

"...?"

"What do you think we were worried about? We were worried you were going to pass out and possibly die from that asthma attack you were going through!" Daniel said as Jay put his hands up in surrender when Daniel moved closer to him, worry in his eyes.

"Yeah, the sudden 'I can't breathe' moment is painful to watch especially when it's with one of your friends." Mira scolded as Zack sided with her.

"..."

Daniel's face softened as he sighed, "No, don't apologize. It's not your fault that an asthma attack hit you."

Jay chose not to tell them that he didn't have asthma and that the heavy breathing was him trying to calm his blood-lust and not struggling to get enough air.

The ambulance arrived with EMTs a bit annoyed with the fact that a life-threatening issue was solved easily and miraculously. Daniel had to turn on his charm with Mira to prompt the workers to leave without further questions.

Thankfully this worked like a charm.

Though the female EMT did slip Daniel her number before she left with her co-workers to Jay's annoyance.

Zack glared at the male EMT who retreated quickly into the ambulance, his phone number that he wanted to give Mira fell to the ground unnoticed by the girl.

The ambulance sped away as Jay looked at Daniel who sighed in relief before turning to smile at Jay.

"I'm glad you're okay, I'd hate to see you in the hospital or possibly .... nevermind. You're okay now." Daniel remarked as he laughed a bit trying to be light-hearted but Jay could tell he had unintentionally stressed Daniel out along with Zack and Mira.

He looked over at Zack and Mira who could tell by his stance wanted some alone time which they complied to, waving the two off to go home together.

Jay turned back to look at Daniel before hugging the boy tightly, in an apologetic way.

Once they separated, Jay looked over Daniel who was now at ease.

"..."

"Sure, I don't mind walking home together." Daniel answered as they began walking towards Daniel's house.

Jay could feel his fangs poke threateningly at him as the two began trekking home, he subtly glanced around looking for a convenience store that sold mint gum or tic-tacs as Daniel walked beside him.

Jay saw the convenience store which he gestured at with Daniel nodding in understanding, the two entered the store.

A girl working the register gawked at the handsome customers, not hiding the fact that she was taking a picture of them to post online to Pacebook to gain more followers and comments.

Jay chose to ignore this as Daniel stood beside him at the gum and tic-tacs section of the store.

Jay was about to choose the usual mint gum with citrus flavored tic-tacs when he heard Daniel say, "Have you ever tried any other gum flavor other than mint? I heard watermelon and strawberry with orange are good but really sweet."

Jay looked over the flavors again before he decided to give Daniel's suggestions a try, he picked up one watermelon and one strawberry-orange packet but took three packets of mint gum in case the two weren't his taste or suppress his fangs well enough even taking melon-mango and green apple tic-tacs instead of his usual citrus blend.

Daniel waited for Jay to finish paying before they continued to walk, Jay automatically unwrapping a piece of watermelon gum from it's wrapper to stick into his mouth.

Jay did take note that watermelon was bolder than mint's subtle and calm flavor, along with it being sweeter.

Daniel thinks of his job as he walked with Jay and reading the remaining pages of Half-Light even though the movie mostly spoiled everything for him.

At Daniel's house, Jay waved good night to Daniel who waved back before he shut the door behind him.

Blood-lust crisis evaded narrowly today, who knows what tomorrow would bring?