Chapter 14 Bertia (17 Years Old)[1]

"..."

Someone's voice could be heard in the distance.

Along with the sensation of getting my consciousness pulled up after being submerged in the profound depths of the sea, I felt relieved because I was able to return from that unpleasant world at last.

My head, which was still faint in some respects as of now, should return to its usual clear state a while after I have woken up.

The little sluggishness isn't that different from what I usually feel right after waking up in the morning.

My field of vision gradually became brighter, and the sounds and voices from my surroundings became more distinct little by little.

"...! ...-ness!!"

I'm sure that I have made you worried.

I need to apologize as soon as I regain my consciousness, then after resting my body for a little while, I need to get the situation under control and...

"Your Highness!! Please wake up quickly!!"

"There's no time to rest!! Bertia-sama is...!!"

"Wake up, and please control this situation as soon as possible!! Otherwise..."

"Wake up!! Stop Bertia!!"

......It's extremely lively, huh.

You guys, don't you understand that I just lost my consciousness and collapsed?

Show me a little bit of concern or pity...

"I-if you don't hurry and wake up, Bertia-sama will... your fiancée will have a shaved head!!"

.........Wait a second.

Just what kind of situation can lead Bertia to have a shaved head?!

Thanks for reading at convallariaslibrary 𝒹❁𝓉 𝒸♡𝓂
""Your Highness!!""

The people around me who jolted my body to wake me up gave shouts of joy once I opened my eyes from their shocking statements.

However, it wasn't because of their relief that I woke up, I feel like their cheers were more like the cheers that people made when a savior appeared.

"...What's up with Bertia, again?"

Originally, I wished for a slower awakening after I lost my consciousness from receiving the light spirit's attack, but I felt like I heard some words that I couldn't afford to ignore, so there's no way I can express my wish.

It can't be helped. I lightly shook my head that hurt from waking up so suddenly and immediately swept my gaze around in order to confirm the situation.

Miss Joanna was kneeling on the bed I had been sleeping in, as she grasped the nape of my neck and jolted me around.

Miss Silica was lightly patting my cheeks with a ghastly pale face.

Zeno was sitting behind the bed as he supported my upper body and slapped my back.

Marquis Noches was trying to splash the water inside the finger bowl at me... wait, whatever the circumstances may be, you can't be doing that to me, the crown prince, okay, Marquis?

Well, what the other members were trying to do was also felt a bit... inappropriate, though.

Especially Zeno.

You were hitting me on purpose because you knew I was already awake, right?

I also heard quite clearly how you muttered, "For my daily grudge...," in your low voice, you know?