Chapter 26

Titus' POV

"I want the whole territory on lockdown immediately, if you see Michael do not engage him, call me if he get too out of control."

"You will do no such thing!"

I snapped my head toward the elders that were seated together at the conference table.

"And why the fuck not Delaney?"

The old bastard puffed up like a fucking peacock, looking proud at his attempt to check my decision.

"The poisoning of a mere woman is no cause to shut down the territory, it makes us look weak."

"Someone got wolfsbane into my kingdom that alone is enough reason to shut down the borders. And just so you know you old fuck, that was no mere woman, she is the beta female, and since I have no children, Avery and Michael are next in line for the throne. And I don't give a fuck if they were just regular pack members, they are still pack members and therefore any attack on them is just as bad as an attack on me."

The son of a bitch stood up so quickly that he knocked his chair over.

"You're quite spry for an older fella."

I had been taking jabs at him since I was old enough to form full sentences and I wasn't about to stop now.

"I am an elder and you will respect me boy! I have decided that there is no need to shut this territory down. You have much more important things to concern yourself with."

"I'm well aware but all of this stuff is obviously connected with the attacks on the pack last month."

He turned his nose up at me in a way that only this patronizing bastard could.

"Those are easily solved as well."

I snorted.

"And what's your grand plan Delaney?"

"Give that alpha what he wants. He only wants that useless girl that you insist is your mate. Give her over to him and all of our problems will be solved."

My growl was deafening and should have served as a warning for him to shut his fucking mouth. I was enraged that he would ever suggest something so stupid and I could feel the darkness of a blackout closing in on me.

"That girl is your luna and you will do best to respect her. That bastard has tortured my mat e since she was six years old and he came back in that attack and raped her, so I'll be motherfucked if I hand her over to him again."

My voice was a low growl, alpha power dripping with every word. But even with my clear warning, some people just don't know when to shut up.

"I will not have some whore running this kingdom."

The last thing I recall is lunging across the table to rip his throat out.

Amina's POV

I was torn away from my book when Tyler burst through the doors of Avery's room. I had been there the last couple of hours so that she wouldn't be alone, even if she was asleep.

"Amina, you have to come with me right now."

My breath caught in my throat.

"What's wrong?"

"It's Titus."

My heart dropped and I leapt from my chair.

"What happened, is he hurt?"