《3》

IN GOENKA VILLA

KARTIK'S ROOM

KARTIK'S POV

The sun rays crept in through the window and fell on my face. I slowly opened my eyes and rose up. I was shirtless, wearing only boxers. Hey, don't take the wrong meaning. Its just that I sleep this way.

I stretched my arms and yawned. My eyes caught the sight of the wall clock.

Crap!! Its 8:15 am.

The kids have school in 15 minutes. I jumped off the bed and quickly brushed my teeth. I wore trousers and  a shirt and paved my way towards the dining room.

Single fatherhood sucks!!!

The scene next to me made my eyes wide. The kids were throwing spaghetti at each other. Siya and Aatish were ready for school but it seemed like Ahana and Sahil haven't even brushed their teeth.

"What the hell is goin' on here?", I asked approaching them.

The kids turned towards me and quickly stopped the mess that they were creating. Their eyes got wide and it could be said that they were very scared.

Everyone pointed towards Siya.

"It was Siya's plan", Ahana complained pointing towards Siya.

Siya glared at her.

"Weren't you enjoying Miss Complain box?", Siya said placing her hands on her hips.

The boys were silent, clueless of what is happening.

I turned towards Siya.

"What the hell is wrong with you Siya? Throwing Spaghetti at each other! Couldn't you think of any other decent game? Wait a minute! Why would you think? Don't you remember you are grounded?", I asked towering above her.

"I remember dad", she said letting out a huff.

"Then why -", my eyes caught the sight of Ahana and Sahil.

"Why are you guys not ready for school till now?", I asked waiting for their reply.

"Because today's a holiday", Sahil and Ahana said together jumping in excitement.

"What! I mean...today's not Sunday", I asked confused.

"Siya and Aatish have their results today so there's a holiday for the lower grade students", Sahil replied still jumping.

"Wait results! That means I should also go with you guys. Siya...couldn't you inform me earlier", I asked looking at Siya.

"The school sent a message and I thought you read the message", she said shrugging her shoulders.

"C'mon Siya....do you think I am glued 24/7 to my phone reading your school messages? I have got other works. Don't you get it?", I said frustrated.

Siya and Aatish looked at me.

I let out a sigh.

"You two....go straight into the car and sit. I'll be there is 5 minutes", I said pointing towards Siya and Aatish.

They quickly got up and left the dining room.

I turned towards Ahana and Sahil.

"And you both....don't make a mess and be good kids", I said.

They both nodded.

I turned towards the cook.

"Clean this mess....no no...let them clean the mess that they have created and make them eat their breakfast...please."