i. skatepark buddies

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚'𝕞 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕖𝕟

Fall 1983

BEING ABOUT three in the afternoon, Fletcher Callisto was beginning to cook dinner in the still new home he'd moved into with his daughter. Or so, his daughter assumed as she made her way down the steps to her the familiar sounds of her father in the kitchen. She peered out to see him completely focused on his task and casually watching through a Food Channel directory as he did so. With the leftover moving boxes still stacked across the living room the house appeared better than it had when the family arrived into the newest neighborhood district of Hill Valley: Hilldale.

A place Fletcher wouldn't have been able to afford before reaching the settlement in his grandfather's will that left him with enough money to move back into his hometown. This then causing for his daughter to up and leave her life from a small town in Chicago into— a small town in California. But her father made the change of pace appear to be for the better for the two of them as he always seemed to do. He was an idealist through and through with the dad jokes and puns to accompany his laidback behavior.

Considering he was the only family she had, she was more than grateful for him.

"Dad I'm gonna head out to see the school," His daughter told him while holding her backpack close behind her.

"Alright pumpkin, just be home in time for dinner," He said, not even looking up from the cutting board in front of him.

She grinned, waking out the door in a hurry. Once out on the sidewalk of the neighborhood she pulled out her familiar worn-down skateboard and tucked in the headphones that were attached to her Walkman. Instead of hearing the neighbors calling out to their children to come inside for dinner, all she could hear was the voice of David Bowie off the tape.

Swaying carelessly on the board as she moved out of the neighborhood to head in the direction of the courthouse square, the familiar track seemed to accompany her every move as she did so. The switch up of living spaces was fairly recent for her, having just gotten here officially only last week. There wasn't much time she'd actually spent seeing what made this town so different from the last one. She hadn't taken the time to see for herself at least. Well, not how she wanted to.

The young blonde continued on her way, passing by the now familiar town center finally. She stopped off to the side and looked up to the clock tower to notice in close detail the way time had, in fact, stopped. Stuck in a single instance from the past. Not helping to laugh over this being a proof of the lack of funding the town seemed to have she continued to look on in amusement.

"Nice skateboard, shame you're not using it," She heard someone say and looked up, turning around as well but not finding anyone around her.

The blonde shook it off, getting back on her skateboard to continue on her way. "There's better ways to ride that you know," A young boy said beside her with the surprise of his presence making her jump. He chuckled and she groaned over the ridicule to skate after him. Turning back again she noticed he had gone and was smiling proudly, continuing to go—

"See you Blondie," The boy said, grabbing the back of a pick-up truck that was driving on the road. He smiled over to her as the teen continued to roll down the street with her mouth agape until he disappeared past the street corner.

"Looks like I actually found something interesting here," She thought to herself. Not having actually seen someone ride their skateboard so recklessly before, the casual air he had about the simple act made her more than curious.