Chapter 26 - Sudden Intimacy

A predicament...

Drowned in her deep blue eyes.

Both Miyoko and I gaze at each other, unable to move.

"Uhm..."

(Her face...I've never seen it this close before...)

Her flowing her, her clear skin not a blemish or age mark in sight and her cherry colored lips.

I can feel my heartbeat suddenly grow stronger. Then she slowly opens her mouth.

"Ummm..."

"T-thank you for catching me..."

"Ah,well..."

My eyes are captured by her soft lips.

(Her lips, looks so soft...if I move forward a bit I can almost kiss her...)

(W-what am I thinking?!)

"Ah! S-sorry, I'll get off of you, now..."

"Mina..."

I was about to get off her when she wraps her arms around my neck closing her eyes as slowly pulling me close to her, close to her chest I can feel her heart beating closely.

(Eh?!)

"M-Miyoko?!"

(Could I actually...)

(N-no wait this is not right, I'm not going to take advantage of her.)

(After all, we're best friends...we're not lovers...)

(That's right...we're not lover.....)

The moment I acknowledge that she isn't my lover, a sharp pain races through my chest.

But in defiance of my demands... I slowly begin to draw towards her lips...

Immerse in this moment.

"W-wait!!!"

The moment before our lips touch...she pushed me aback then she slides away from me,

"M-Miyoko?" (Whoa! What was I thinking, that was close.)

"I-I I can't..."

"Huh?"

The next moment. She abruptly stands up. Prepping herself she immediately stood up.

"A-alright, l-l-let's go to the next place!"

"O-okay...?"

"O-on to the next date spot!!"

"We're still in the middle of researching, aren't we?"

"Y-yeah..."

We both in a mutual agreement to pretend that didn't happen.

A somewhat strained smile appears on her face.

"C-come on, what's the matter? Mina!"

"There's still another date spot I want to show you, so hurry up!"

"L-lead the way."

Before he turn her back at me I caught a glimpse of her bright red face.

"W-what happen was a test, d-during your date with Raika, you should push her down like that."

(Huh? A test?!)

(Why is she saying this?)

Seeing she obviously forced a smile, I feel pain spread through my chest.

"Th-the next place is the last! So look forward to it!"

(M-Miyoko.)

(I don't understand...)

(S-she was the one who pulled me close, closed her eyes and invited me to kiss her..)

(I wonder what's going through her mind.)