Chapter 4 Adoption Day

It was a bright cold autumn afternoon the kids was outside decorating the orphanage for Halloween that was still a very long ways away, the kids was laughing and smiling as they was decorating. But a couple of the boys was getting scolded on the side of the orphanage.

Mistress; What is wrong with all of you!? Beating on another child like that to the point where blood is basically pouring out his nose. ALL OF YOU IN CONFINEMENT NOW!!

Wolf boy; All bark and no bite like always. Let's go guys she ain't gonna do n ok thing but tell until her voice give out.

As the mistress raised her paw but was stopped by one of the nurses, that was shaking her head. Pointing around showing the kids was terrified she sighed and helped the kids with the decorations. Meanwhile omega was sitting in a room as his stuff was getting moved in the room with him. A nurse was holding his head back as she held his nose stopping the blood from pouring out.

Nurse: why didnt you call out for help hun?

Omega looked at the nurse, she was big and fluffy brown bear, she always smelled like honey and peaches but he couldnt smell what she smell like right now. Omega didnt answer, he just laid his head on top of her lap and slowly dozed off. The nurse put him to bed and told the girls who was listening at the door if omega was talking to come in. Amy, star and Luna come in.

Nurse: So why have you been trying to listen in our conversation?

Amy: omega has stopped talking for a week now and have been distant with all of us and we're worried about him.

Nurse: He'll be ok, but you all have bigger things to worry about. Its adoption day, you need to get clean and tidy.

Star: b-but what about him adoption day only comes around every 2 months. And it's rare when people come in randomly and adopt..

Luna: I really dont wanna leave him like this. But shes right...

Amy: I know shes right but I dont wanna leave him here alone..

Nurse: I understand how all you feel but right now go get ready and tidy up. Please

The girls nodded and left but stopping at the door looking back at the sleeping omega, the nurse started nudging them out and making them go get dressed and ready. As an hour go by the adoption started going on, a child leaving one by one. Amy was the 3rd child to go by a black female bear, Luna was adopted by a panda family 4th child to go, star was 26th child to go to a linx cat family, shy was the 29th child to go, to a elderly fox couple. Only a few didnt get adopted most of them of girls and there was 7 boys that was basically still babies. In a span of 3 hours of omega sleeping 85%of the orphans was gone. The room door opens and a nurse comes in with food for omega as he's slowly awakened by the aroma of porridge.

Nurse: Wakey wakey sleepy head. You've been sleep for 3 hours and you missed dinner, so I've brought you what's left.

Omega: T-thank you very much. Is it me or is very quiet for it only being 8 at night?

Nurse: I'm sorry honey, you slept through adoption day, and we wouldnt let you get adopted because you were basically covered in blood. I hope your understand.

Omega remained silent and nodded yes and slowly started eating his porridge as a tear fell inside his bowl while he was trying to hold back his tears. The nurse got up and left. Closing the door behind her, omega put the bowl down and went and lock his door and sat in the corner and silently cried until he fell back to sleep.