Old Friend

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

January 16th, 2006 

New Orleans Louisiana,

New Orleans was always known as a city ruled by witches. The Italians call them Strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them Aje, meaning mother. People nowadays mostly call them witches. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with.

Over the last few years, most vampires have been banned from the city because of the witches not wanting them. Only some of them were lucky enough to be in the small group of the ones allowed to stay. Even though vampires are powerful beings witches are just as powerful with some even more.

While Natalia's hooded figure was walking down a dark street she could feel figures in the shadows watching her. Not many vampires went down this side of the town because it was the closest to the French Quarter Coven which was the biggest in the city.

The relationship between the vampires and the witches is a complicated one that is more often negative than positive. This is mainly due to the notion that since vampires were created from Dark Magic, and flout the natural design that all living creatures must die. That, of course, didn't mean that all witches hated vampires because there were exemptions but not many.

Natalia stood in front of a dark building and was about to walk closer to the door to be stopped when it was opened by an angry witch. The woman had dark hair and pale skin with piercing blue eyes that had an icy gaze towards the vampire.

"What does a filthy leech like you want here?" Natalia kept silent while keeping the hood over her face. This action only angered the witch, she used her powers to send her back into the wall smashing her back into it. Natalia fell to the ground before slowly standing up. The witch was about to charge at the vampire again but she was stopped by a hand on her shoulder and a strict female voice. "That's enough." When Natalia heard this voice she smiled while pulling off her hood showing her snow-white hair falling down her shoulders.

The witch smirked looking at the vampire. "Well, well if it isn't Natalia Cullen." Natalia smiled at the woman when she heard her voice.

"It's good to see you too Althea."