Chapter 19

I slowly lift myself off my bed because I can't keep hiding from Jennie. Knowing her she'd come and check that I was ok anyway so I might as well attempt to hold my head up high and act like what I did was no big deal.

I'm so focused on pretending that I'm not humiliated that I nearly walk out of my bedroom with my now transparent shirt still on.

I nearly flashed Jennie a second time!

I don't know what is wrong with me.

Actually, I do.

I am completely enamored with one Jennie Kim and she doesn't have the slightest idea what I'm feeling.

Or does she?

My god if she does I'll die, just die.

What if she thinks I flashed her on purpose in order to entice her into bed?

I start hyperventilating at the prospect that my subtle obsession with Jennie might not be so subtle after all.

I manage to calm myself down when I reason that if Jennie had any inkling of what I really wanted there'd be a cut out of her form in my wall after she bolted from my apartment. There's just no way she'd still want to be my friend if she had any suspicions about why I've been acting so out of control.

I discard the tank top that caused the mess I'm in on the ground, and grab a sweatshirt to put on instead.

I'm not cold or anything but the water that I spilled on myself was; quite cold in fact, and that affects of having it poured down my body aren't hard to miss.

There is no chance I'm putting on another tank top when I'm still at full attention if you catch my drift.

Once I emerge from my self imposed and temporary exile I very carefully walk towards the living room. I'm not so mortified that I've forgotten how accident prone I am, so I need to ensure that nothing else goes wrong.

I frown the closer I get to the last place I saw Jennie because she's not there. I scan my apartment as my breathing becomes shallow once more.

She's gone.

No sign of her.

I knew it!

I knew she'd take off.

I'm such a...

I hear the toilet flush right in the middle of my umpteenth Jennie induced panic attack. I really, really, really, need to stop doing this to myself.

Before Jennie comes back out I rush over to the kitchen, grab a bunch of take out menus and fly onto the couch. I figure if I pretend that nothing happened so will she.

The bathroom door opens and I prepare to give the performance of my life. "I got some menus out while you were gone." So far so good, Jennie isn't acting weird. "Any preferences on what you want to eat?" I do notice that she has more color on her face then I remember.

Jennie smiles and rejoins me on the couch. "Nah, I'm easy."

There are times where humor is appropriate to diffuse a potentially awkward situation, I really feel now is one of those times. "That's what I've heard." I can be sassy too, let's hope I didn't make big mistake.

Jennie gasps so dramatically that I'm confident the night can be salvaged. She holds her hands over her heart as if I've fatally wounded her with my words. "I'm not the one who put on a free show."

Nice!

She can give as good as she gets.

I'm going to cross my fingers that applies to something else as well.