Chapter 25

I've been repeating something in my head for the last few minutes.

It's not having the desired effect that I want it to.

I wasn't lying when I said Jennie wasn't just Jennie in a bikini! anymore.

Opening up and sharing with Jennie such a painful memory from my past made me feel closer to her. She knew exactly what do to make me forget about that horrible time in my life, like always.

But here's the thing.

After I won our water splashing contest Jennie decided to get out of the pool.

She swam over to the ladder, climbed out and walked over to her towel, dripping wet.

Dripping wet!

Then she dried herself off.

And now I'm trying to remember my name.

I think it's Jisoo, but I'm not a hundred percent sure.

One of the things I like most about Jennie, and believe me there are a lot of different things I could name, is the fact that she doesn't realize how stunning she is.

Even her whole "I know I'm hot" act is just that, an act.

She doesn't come across as conceited at all and she carries herself like she isn't the most breathtakingly beautiful woman to ever walk the face of this earth.

I want to forge a deeper connection with her but at the same time I can't just ignore how my body responds to her either.

And right now, it's telling me to jump out of the water and show her my gratitude for being so caring with a multitude of kisses and some other stuff too.

I'm not going to do that though, it just wouldn't feel right after the intimate and special moment we just had. I also feel rather exposed, not because I'm wearing practically nothing in my own bikini, but more so because of the place in my heart I allowed Jennie to see.

While I trust Jennie it is unnerving to open up like that and basically detail for her every insecurity I have.

I'm going to have to squash my raging hormones for the time being as I let the reality of Jennie knowing about Soojoo and Soojin sink in.

"You're going to prune if you stay in the water Jisoo." Jennie calls out from the deck chair she's currently lying on.

I can't hide in the pool, just like I couldn't keep my story inside myself any longer.

I can do this.

I have faith in myself.

Maybe I'll just walk around all day with my eyes closed to avoid checking out Jennie like I know I'm going to.

Ok, ok, that won't work either, but it was worth a shot.

I swim over to the edge of the pool and take a deep breath as I climb out. I slick my hair back with both my hands as I make my way over to where Jennie is. I'm going as slow as possible because I have to ensure that I make it without falling.

As much as Jennie doesn't seemed bothered by my "two left feet" syndrome, I'd still like to show her that I can go a few hours without doing something embarrassing. For my own pride mainly and also because in the back of my mind I still doubt that she could find my clumsiness appealing.

My brain is a treacherous place with many different land mines and I have to tread very carefully to avoid setting another one off. There's only so much I can cope with and injuring myself again is not one of those things.