Chapter 26

"Having a nice swim?" I ask in a rather cheeky tone once Jennie emerges from the pool.

The pool I threw her in!

The pool that made her dripping wet, again!

I'm fairly certain that I'm drooling but anyone who has a heartbeat would be doing the same thing in my shoes.

And might I add that perturbed Jennie is even hotter than regular Jennie.

Yeah baby, yeah!

She marches over to me so I grab the handles of the deck chair I moved to after I submerged Jennie in water and hold on tight. There's no way she's going to get back at me when I'm on high alert.

But my sneaky Jennie doesn't try and toss me in the water like I did to her. Instead she lies down and pretends that nothing happened. "That was a very refreshing dip thank you."

I stare the beads of water rolling down her skin in awe.

"Aren't you going to exact your revenge?" I inquire as her stomach moves up and down almost hypnotically.

Jennie flashes me a very sassy look. "And why would I want to get revenge on you?"

Now I'm starting to get really worried.

I'd rather Jennie just get me back and get it over with.

"Come on Jen, we both know you have something planned in that head of yours." I reply nervously.

Jennie closes her eyes as she gets more comfortable in her chair. "I haven't the faintest idea what you might be referring to." Liar, liar, pants on fire. "Relax, enjoy this beautiful day we're having, I know I am."

Gah!

She's doing that whole wait for the other shoe to drop thingy!

I furrow my brow while keeping a watchful eye on a certain brunette who is actually smirking at me with her eyes closed.

Fine, two can play at that game missy!

She may think she has the upper hand but she doesn't.

I lie back and pretend that I'm not on to the deviousness that is Jennie Kim.

Nice try Jen, but you have to wake up pretty early to fool...

My eyes fly open in a panic once I realize that I fell asleep when I was supposed to be outwitting Jennie.

She's done something to me, I can just feel it.

Oh god, what did she do?

I'm scared!

Somebody hold me!

And by somebody I mean Jennie of course.

"Enjoy your nap?" Jennie coyly asks.

I whip my head in her direction and she looks so cocky.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Thank you grade ten English for that snappy observation.

"I did." I reply as I watch Jennie put her phone away.

How long was I out for?

Maybe she wrote on my face like that episode of Friends when Ross did that to Rachel.

No, she's not that cruel.

Right?

Right?

I'm freaking out!