Chapter Seven

"Fifth Year"

•••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••

It had been a week since James exploded at me and we've been avoiding each other like the plague.

I stayed true to my promise to Remus and Sirius, giving James as much space as needed. That included switching my Potions partner to Marlene McKinnon and my DADA dueling partner to Remus.

I sat beside Lily in our Care of Magical Creatures class, ignoring all the jokes that my classmates made about my family.

"So, long lost sister?" Lily addressed me, turning away from the assignment.

It had become a regular thing since first year, for the students at Hogwarts to joke about Lily and I secretly being twin sisters.

"Yes, my dear lost twin?" I replied jokingly with a warm smile on my face.

"What's going on with you and the boys? I haven't seen you talk to any of them besides Remus and even then it's only during class." She asked me with concern on her pale face.

I pursed my pink lips and exhaled through my nose in a huff. "James went completely mental on me last week and got all angry at me for no reason."

"The boys told me to give him space, until he's ready to tell me why he's mad." I explained, getting a little frustrated. "And it's not helping that none of them will tell me whether I did something wrong or not!"

"He'll come around, Nora." Lily sighed, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and pulling me into a hug. "I'm sure he's just overreacting in typical Drama Queen James Potter fashion."

That earned a very unladylike snort from me, as I pulled away from the hug. The taller redhead ruffled my hair with a grin and a laugh. I rolled my eyes, chuckling as I smoothed down my strawberry blonde locks.