Memory Lane

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

February 20th, 2006 

Over the last month that Natalia spent in New Orleans with Althea, she truly realized how much she missed the witch. Their friendship wasn't something that was expected taking in mind how most witches barely tolerated vampires. But the two girls weren't average, they were unique in a beautiful way.

Althea was born a witch, this wasn't something that happened often making her a unique and powerful witch. Natalia, on the other hand, was very human-like when it came to her attitude. She knew that the world wasn't a good place, she saw things that no one should have ever seen but she was able to stay pure, innocent, and kind through it all.

Now that the blonde was back in New Orleans it was like she started to live again.

Yes, she has been coming over here on the anniversary but she would never meet up with anyone or even go out and enjoy the city. She would stay in the shadows passing by without being noticed. Normally during this time she just needed some time to herself to let all the sad emotions that she had been storing inside out.

As the girl looked out through the window in her room she admired the people. New Orleans was one of her favourite cities because of its atmosphere. It made her feel free and without a care in the world, it also brought back memories she had stored inside of her for these past years.

Her attention is taken away from the window when the door slams open with a smirking Althea standing behind it. "Come on you haven't stepped out of this building since you got here." Natalia rolled her eyes sitting down on the loveseat beside the window with her legs crossed as Althea walked in.

"I just haven't been in the mood for the outdoors." The witch rolls her eyes crossing her arms knowing perfectly well that this was a lie.

"That's bullsh*t and you know it! You've been staring out the windows ever since you got here. I know you want to come out and I just know the perfect place." Natalia looked at her friend sceptically but nodded standing up.

"I don't have much of a choice anyway...So where are we going?" Althea smirks reaching for the vampire's cold hand with excitement flashing through her eyes.

"Let's just say you haven't been there in a very long time." Natalia's brows furrow confused and when she's about to question her friend the witch pulls her by the arm and out of the house onto the busy streets of New Orleans.

♡♡♡♡♡

The two girls are standing in front of an old building that is giving Natalia some sort of Déjà vu. It brings her back to the moment when she stood here with her family in the middle of the night. The difference would be that back then the building was flooded with people and vampires with music blasting from the inside.

Natalia looks over at her friend with a raised eyebrow making Althea roll her eyes and open the building. "I know the owner of the building, he owes me a favour so I thought it might be nice for you if you take a memory lane back in time." Natalia laughs as she looks around the main hall.

Nothing on the inside changed, it still had many beautiful chandeliers with many shining diamonds. The blonde closes her eyes and imagines the music from the day flowing around her making her smile.

Althea looks at her friend with a sympathetic smile. She knew this was going to help, the blonde was keeping the memories and feelings inside instead of enjoying them and remembering them.

From behind them, a male voice may be heard through the hall. "Althea! what a pleasure to see you here again! Did ya miss me?" The named witch rolls her eyes as a dark-haired vampire with striking red eyes walks in.

 "Althea! what a pleasure to see you here again! Did ya miss me?" The named witch rolls her eyes as a dark-haired vampire with striking red eyes walks in

Natalia opens her eyes as a smile spreads on her face recognizing the voice. She turns around making her blonde hair twirl over her shoulder.

"Jeremy?" The male vampire takes his eyes off the beautiful witch to the blonde girl. Jeremy lets out a small laugh happy to see her. He missed the shorter girl and the years in which the two would play songs together.

"Well if it isn't our little sunshine!" Natalia runs over to the boy hugging him as he twirls her around. When her feet hit the ground she pulls away from the boy with a wide smile still evident on her face.

"What are you doing here? I thought you would have left with him." Jeremy shakes his head smiling sadly at the blonde.

"Nah, New Orleans is just my place in the world. Keeping the business here was also something I didn't want to end, as you might know, I'm the owner of the old joint" Natalia rolled her eyes knowing exactly what this 'business' was. Hell, she was even a part of it at one point in her life though she doesn't like to think about it.

Jeremy smirked as he walked over to Althea throwing his arm over her shoulders. "Besides... I couldn't have just left this beauty here all alone now could I." Jeremy smirked down at the girl suggestively making her groan while throwing his shoulder away.

"Stop this! Don't forget I'm the one that is still keeping the rest of the elders from stopping this 'business' of yours." Jeremy rolls his eyes at Althea's comment and looks back at Natalia with a smirk.

"Speaking of the business, what you say Natalia? Wanna give it a shot again?" Natalia shakes her head at his question.

"No...you know I stopped after...after that night. I should have never taken part of it anyway." Jeremy moves closer to Natalia throwing his arm over her shoulder.

"Oh come on sunshine! One last time. You'll only have to sing, leave the rest to the boys and me. I'd never make ya take part of that if you didn't want to." Natalia looks at Jeremy with a not-so-sure facial expression.

"I don't know..."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top! Bless the people with your beautiful voice for just one more night." Natalia looks over at Althea who shrugs her shoulders making her sight and look over at Jeremy with a smile nodding.

"Fine, but only this one time."