Chapter 17: A Boy Named Jack

A/N: Spoilers for season 13!! You have been warned. Read at your own risk.

Cas was dead. His cold, lifeless body now lay on the dining room table in the house where he had planned on raising Jack, Lucifer's child. Only now that would never come to pass, for Cas was dead and Jack. . .well he wasn't exactly a baby that needed raising. He was more like a twenty year old boy that needed guidance and he was currently MIA. Henley hugged herself, pulling her dark purple sweater tighter around her frame. She may have not of known Cas very well, or at all really, but he did save her life, and for that she would be eternally grateful. Henley watched from afar as Dean said his goodbyes to his best friend. . .to one of his family. Letting out a pent up sigh, Dean turned to face her and Sam, who had just come in from checking the surrounding area.

"Alright. . .let's go. No use in wasting time here. The son of Lucifer's out there and we need to destroy the son of a bitch before he hurts anyone."

"Wait. . .Dean we don't know if he's necessarily evil. Let's just think for a minute before we go rushing out there guns blazing." Dean turned to Sam, his eyes cold and face expressionless. "Now is not the time to hold back Sammy. We kill monsters. He's the son of Satan. We've got a job to do."

Henley let out an an empty sigh, looking up at her uncle, who only gave her a sad attempt of a reassuring smile in return. "Come on kiddo, let's go."

Following Sam outside, Henley slid into the backseat of baby, while Sam climbed into the passenger seat. Silence. That's what greeted her ears, and it was unnerving to say the least. Even in the worst of times this car was filled with music coming from Dean's mix tapes, and idle conversation. Now all Henley could hear was the sound of the wind as the car sped down the back road. About halfway through their journey to god only knows where, Sam and her dad had begun to argue about the best course of action and whether or not Lucifer Jr. was really a monster. As of now Henley didn't know what to think. She'd like to believe that Jack had a good heart and would be on the side of good, seeing as judging people before getting to know them was wrong. But her dad did have a point. He was the son of Satan and the odds of him being a decent nephilim seemed slim to none.

Henley sat up in her seat as the car rolled to a stop outside of Pirate Pete's Jolly Treats. What they were doing here Henley had no clue. Leaning between the two boys, Henley looked at each of them, confusion adorning her features. "Guys why have we stopped?"

Dean let out a sigh, turning to face Sam. "Well. . .you really think that Lucifer Jr.'s at Pirate Pete's Jolly Treats? That he was, like, what, 'Before I destroy the world, let me just grab a bag of curly fries.' Really Sam?"

Sam sighed, "Look if he would've kept to the main road he would've walked past it. And I don't know—"

"Fine. Just make it quick."

"You're not coming?"

"No." Dean turned to look at the rundown establishment, an uncaring expression present on his face. "Look, maybe you're right. Maybe the Devil's kid is in there just hanging out. Okay? Or maybe he's halfway across the country, torching Chicago." Dean whipped out his phone,and started scrolling through his contacts. "I'm going to call Jody, check in, see if she can't help us put a nationwide APB out. . .on a creepy Satanic nudist."

Sam nodded, his features soft, yet firm, like he wanted to say something in response but was holding back for Dean's sake. Henley had a sneaking feeling that Sam was more team Jack than Dean, and that wasn't just from their argument on the way here.

"Yeah, right. Good."

"Good is not the word I would use." Dean rebuffed, glancing up briefly, before continuing his search through his phone.