41: Twice in Love

Jia sat up, about to ask Song Min how he was feeling. His mouth opened, but before he could speak...

"Sen Jia?" Song Min said as he looked at Jia hopefully, he wanted to get confirmation as quickly as possible.

"Little Shuai!" Jia lunged across the bed into Sen Shuai's arms. "I've missed you so much. I wanted to explain everything to you so many times. But it could cause harm to your soul if it came from an outside source. Or you might have thought I was a lunatic and sent me away." Jia's heart was racing as fast as his words tumbled out.

Sen Shuai continuously pressed soft kisses to Sen Jia's cheeks, temple, chin and eyelids as Jia babbled. His hands clutching Jia's.

"En, I definitely would have thought that." The Song Min of this world had been a bit paranoid, always thinking anyone that approached him had ulterior motives. With that personality, he would have quickly pushed away someone so suspicious. "You were reminding me of who you are every day, weren't you, Jia?"

"Yes! I kept repeating things I said before and acting in ways you would be familiar with. I was getting frustrated though, I missed the you that knows me." Sen Jia looked up at Sen Shuai, his lips formed a pout, his eyes watery.

Sen Shuai gently brushed his thumb across Jia's lashes, wiping away the tears that hadn't fallen. He softly pressed his lips to Jia's cute pout, sending sparks through Jia's nerves.

"I thought we might have been lovers in another life that were reincarnated."

"That's pretty close. How's that system treating you little Shuai?"

"I have no complaints now that it's returned my true memories."

|My my, you've become an easy guy to work with.| System Nil's voice broke in on the conversation but only Sen Shuai heard it.

Sen Jia's hands formed claws and his eyes narrowed dangerously. "Has it given you any problems since it started up? I'd be happy to rip it out and shred it at any time." 

"No problems. I accepted the offer and it held up the deal it made now. I will keep my memories and stay with you beyond death."

Sen Jia placed a hand on Sen Shuai's shoulder and gazed intently into his eyes. "Are you sure? I could always find your soul no problem even without that thing."

"Because of this?" Sen Shuai reached a hand to his ear where the jade loop used to be.

"That's right. Look I have it too." He turned his head, proudly showing Sen Shuai the mark on his ear. "It's a soul mark. I didn't make it happen, it's due to our deep feelings."

Sen Shuai smiled warmly causing Jia to feel stunned at the beautiful smile that softened Sen Shuai's face.

"Little Shuai, you've become more expressive since having this world's experiences," Jia observed.

"Is it good?"

"Yes, I like it."

"More than you like my stoic face that's like it was finely carved from high-quality jade?" Shuai teased Jia using a line from Sen Jia's previous flirting at the tea house.

"Th- that...Shuai don't tease!.....How could I compare, both ways are my beloved little Shuai. But you smiling like that is new and captivating." Jia had a sudden realization. "You're only allowed to smile like that in front of me!"

Sen Shuai chuckled softly. "En. All of my smiles are for you only, Jia."

He gathered Jia against his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around the smaller man, pulling him closer until there wasn't a shred of space between them. They both sat still enjoying the closeness, feeling each other's breathing and heartbeats as they gradually synchronized. He nuzzled Jia's neck and nipped his ear. His hot breath tickled Jia as he spoke in a low and serious tone.

"Without the system, I would lose my memories of you."

Jia sat up straight, a smug expression on his face. "Yes, but I'm confident in my ability to get you to fall for me as many times as I need to."

Song Min lightly caressed Jia's cheek. "I've already been able to experience falling in love with you twice, Jia."

Sen Jia's heart was racing again. This dangerous flirt, how'd he get so skilled?

"I don't want to forget any of our time together. It's very precious to me." Sen Shuai pinched Jia's chin, tilted his face up and leaned in for another kiss. Just before their lips met, he asked, "Jia how do you know about systems?"

"That's 'cause I also have one," Jia answered absently as he stared at Shuai's lips, anxious to feel them pressed to his own.

"There was that time you asked for cultivation mumbo jumbo from someone called Seventh."

"That's right, Seventh is my system's name."

"Be sure to tell me about it later, for now..." He pulled Jia tightly against himself eagerly kissing his beloved deeply.

Both men were soon panting and grinding against each other's bodies. Sweet heat and tension building between them. Their kissing growing in intensity, Jia's hands fisted in Sen Shuai's shirt, pulling him harder against him. He groaned low in his throat.

"Doctor Jia, how long must I wait for my injury to heal enough before I perform vigorous activities?" Sen Shuai asked in a hoarse voice.

"You need at least a day." Jia answered regretfully.

"tsk, So long? Did your skills diminish?" Sen Shuai couldn't resist teasing his lover.

"That's pretty amazing for such a wound." Jia fervently defended his abilities.

"You healed me from the verge of death before. Are you sure you haven't gotten rusty?" Sen Shuai raised an eyebrow.

"Do you even know how long that took? You were unconscious for most of it." Jia huffed in mock anger, crossing his arms.

Sen Shuai laughed and pressed his forehead against Jia's. "I know your skills are amazing, Jia. Just like you. I love you, Jia."

Jia's heart skipped a beat. "You make my heart nearly burst with all your high level flirting. How'd you get so skilled at romance?" Jia eyed his lover suspiciously.

Sen Shuai flashed that dazzling smile at Jia again. "I've got an excellent source inspiration."