2

"Next on the list is...protein shakes?" My eyebrows furrowed as I read over the list my mother sent Olivia and I with to the store. "Are you starting to life weights, Olivia?" I asked the elderly lady and she giggled softly and shook her head.

"No, Sweetpea, that's Mr.Arteaga's item. I asked him before we left what he needed from the store." She said as she put another thing into the cart she was pushing. I offered to push it but she said it helped her back to lean onto something.

"Oh," I said and scanned the rest of the list. Men's razors, after shave, old spice body wash. Would I be sent to go give him these things once we got home? The thought made me anxious. I was too shy to be in his presence without making a fool of myself. I refrained from laying by the pool when he was cleaning and I just laid out on my patio. It was the safest place for my shyness. I could still look at him with out embarrassing myself and I still got to lay in the sun.

We were currently getting things for my mothers upcoming pool party for her and her girlfriends. Which consisted of a bunch of forty year old rich and bored housewives. So it was really just a party where they drank wine and talked about which women in their spin class was cheating on their husbands and who had last years Prada bag. I despised my mother when she hung out with her friends because she turned into a snob.

"Three more bottles of that wine," Olivia said and I raised my eyebrows and did as she said and the cart clinked every time the wheel locked because all the bottles hit against the glass.  I knew each one will be drank at the party. Just great.

"So when do your friends get back from their vacation?" Olivia asked as we began the drive back home. "My friends" consisted of two. Their names were Jamie and Jack. They were siblings only a year apart and we've been friends since forever. I had other friends but they were mostly school friends while Jamie and Jack were life long friends. They lived three houses down which was a long ways because of how big each property is in this neighborhood.

"Next week I think," I said and she said I should invite them over for dinner for when they are back in town. I smiled and told her that it was a great idea.

I missed them terribly since I hadn't seen them in what seems like forever. Jamie is going to flip when she sees my mothers new worker. I chuckled just at the thought of her going into shock at his glorious sight.

I felt dread hit me when we brought in all the groceries because I knew either way i was going to be in the presence of our pool boy once again. "Alright, Sweetpea, run this over to Mr.Arteaga for me now," Olivia smiled as she held up the reusable sacks filled with his belongings.

"Run over where?" I asked but I already knew the answer.

"The pool house." She looked at her watch, " Yes he should be in there. He should have just finished with the yard work so go on now," she waved me off and I sighed and exited out of the kitchen and onto the patio. The wind blew at my sundress that had large sunflowers on it. I tried to keep my panties from being showed to the world so in result it looked like I was doing an awkward shuffle with my hands filled with groceries. Why did the pool house have to be so far away. I had to walk past the pool, the garden, and the basketball court. Why is it called the pool house when it's so far from the pool?

Do I knock or just go in? I stood awkwardly in front of the glass door and I could see in, but there was nobody there. The t.v. was on and some football game was playing. I better knock.

I set one of the bags down and I balanced the other on my hip as I knocked loudly just incase he couldn't hear over the t.v. 

A few seconds later i saw him and boy did I wish this wasn't a glass door. He walked up to the door with just a towel wrapped around his hips just a tiny bit below his belly button and he had a tooth brush in his mouth.

I sucked in a breath and took a step back so he could open the door. He stepped out so he could hold the door open with his body and he pulled the toothbrush out of his mouth and spit quickly into the bushes "oh thanks, do you mind helping me set them down in the kitchen?" He asked and I could only nod in return because his glorious body was being shown off once again. Did he own a shirt?

He stuck the tooth brush back in his mouth and he held his hand out motioning for me to go in first and I did hesitantly. I almost denied because I had to slip past him awkwardly and when I did he bent over and picked up the other bag that I had set down.

The place looked the same besides a few clothing items laying here and there, but the bed was made and the sink was free of dishes. I could feel his presence behind me as my feet carried me to the clean kitchen counter.

I set the sack down and his was set next to mine and the quiet was awkward, but he soon spoke, "Ill go put on some clothes real quick," He said and I raised my eyebrow and watched his back go over to the bed. He shifted through the pile of clothes on the floor and I quickly turned around when I remembered that this was in fact a studio layout. It would be the polite thing to do to turn around and give him some privacy.

In the back of my mind I didn't want to turn my back to him and miss what ever he was doing behind me. I waited patiently for him to get dressed and he was quick to be back in the kitchen wearing a shirt for once. He had on a white t-shirt and black basketball shorts. He looked good, but he looked better without the shirt.

"Thank you for getting these things," he said as he smiled at me. I nodded and watched him begin to take the things out of the bag. I followed his actions and emptied the contents onto the counter. We worked quietly and I kept dropping things and fumbling them because his presence made me anxious. I almost cried out in joy when the bag was empty, but that quickly flew away when he spoke.

"Oh dang it, you guys didn't get my size," he said in a pouty tone and I looked up from my bag and a blush spread through my face and down my neck as he held up my new bikini I bought. I had forgotten  I just threw it into one of the bags. It was small and it was green, and now I realized it's the same shade of green as his eyes. I swear I didn't do that on purpose. I just loved that color of green.

"Sorry," I chuckled awkwardly before taking the fabric away from him. I took a step back as I held the bikini behind my back, "well I'll be going now," I said awkwardly and I spun around on my heels and began to make my way to the door.

His voice stopped me. "Wait, Miss Gray," He commanded softly, my heart picked up its pace as I slowly spun around and tried to maintain my cool.

"Yes?" I asked casually and a thousand thoughts flew through my mind of what he could possibly want. Thoughts I would never speak out loud due to their crudeness. Why did he have to be so gorgeous? My mind wouldn't be so fogged up with filth if he was less attractive.

"The bags," He said as he held up the dark blue reusable bags. I forced a tight lipped smile and took them from him. Murmuring a quiet thank you. I spun around again and I could hear him following me out the door and it made me walk faster. I wanted to be out of this house.

"Tell Olivia, I said thank you as well," He said as he held the door open and I looked over my shoulder as I walked the path back to the house and I nodded. My feet carried me faster and I heard the door to the pool house shut. I looked over my shoulder again and he was gone. Not sparing me a second glance. I was thankful for that because if he was watching me retreat I was sure my feet would tangle and I'd be flat on the ground.

I fumbled with the bikini fabric in my hands and the thought of his hands holding it made me deeply blush. I think I've developed a slight crush on the man. The man I didn't even know the name of. It was a silly crush. Like a school girl having a crush on her teacher. I couldn't help it. He has such an air of coolness about him. Everything he did was done with such confidence. It was all so attractive.

"Was he there?" Olivia asked from the stove. She stood with her hand on her hip and her other hand stirred the wooden spoon in a cast iron pot.

"Yes, He said to tell you thank you," I said and she nodded and continued to stir.

"Thank you, Sweetpea. Now, will you be a dear and help me with some planning for the party tomorrow? You're mother is expecting about 15 of her girlfriends," I sighed but agreed. 15 drunk housewives is going to be a lot to handle tomorrow.