Chapter I

Chapter I: Together soon

Do you know how it feels like to have someone beside you who cares, loves, and at the same time is your best friend? The feeling is the best in the world because you can share things with that person. You share everything with them, and you trust them.

The person who is like this to me is Kim Taehyung. Yes, one member of one of the most popular Korean boy group, BTS. Sounds crazy, huh? Well, it is. I can't believe it myself either. But I don't see it that way.

It's like a dream. You'd think I'm with Taehyung because he is famous, but no. I got to know him way before his debut. I used to live in Korea when I was a child. He was my friend back in high school. I moved to England about a year before his debut.

It was hard for us to be apart. But we have learned to live with it. I got to know Taehyung's way before seeing how he is right now. I still see my old Taehyung in him. He hasn't changed one bit. I love him the way he is, and being famous doesn't change my image of him. And neither does he.

He acts like a young man towards me and others. He doesn't show his famous side to me.

We both are trying to live while he is an idol. It doesn't bother us.

We started dating about one year after his debut. He had confessed his feelings before that, but we thought it'd be better this way. Since he was super busy with his debut and everything for a year. He wanted to give me his time.

Though being in England most of the time and being in a long-distance relationship works for us. We have about a 6-7 hours time difference, but it could be worst. Usually, he is done with most of his work when I wake up. I study at university, and my lections are in the afternoon. We try to call every day.

I visit Korea very often. I work at the local store and get my money from it. Sometimes Taehyung offers to give me money so I can manage, but I always refuse.

I don't want people to think I'm taking advantage of his career or a gold digger. He bought me tickets to Korea on my birthday then I accepted them.

I visit Korea whenever they are preparing for the comeback. It might seem that it's the busiest time for them, but it's not. Then they have the most of the time. When the promotions start, they're unavailable.

I have my short spring vacation next week, and I already have a ticket to Korea. They're preparing for their comeback and world tour, the perfect time for me to pay a visit.

Taehyung, of course, is excited to see me. And I'm as well. We haven't seen each other for two months. I want to see him and the other guys as well soon!

Now I must bear this last week in school and work before I can go on a vacation I deserve!

Speaking of school, I'm there right now. I'm on lection, and the teacher's speech seems to vanish and go lower every minute I stare at her. I can't focus, and it feels like these walls are soon crushing me between them if I won't get out.

It was Wednesday. I still had two days to bear before the vacation started. And this day, of course, is still in the beginning. This first section feels like an eternity, and I'm not really into the topic we are on now.

I find myself clicking the messenger app from my computer. Since the teacher is in front of us and every one of us has a computer where we write notes, she doesn't know what we do.

I open our chatroom from last night. I giggle like a stupid person at the topic and conversation. ''Exactly three days, ten hours and eight minutes until I get to see you,''. I smiled at his message. He is so cheesy, but that's how he is. He can't wait. I think he is more excited than I am.

My friend knuckled me with her elbow, and I got out of my trans while reading our messages. I looked at her, and she pointed out that the lesson was over, and many students had already left. Oh, I didn't even notice.

''Have you thought about what you do with him when you arrive?'' She asked once we were out of the classroom.

Sarah is my good friend and knows everything about Taehyung and me. Some people in this school know too, but they don't care. Sometimes they might ask for details, most fans, but that's all.

I mean, I have been seen with him whenever I visit, and it's not a secret. First, it was hard, but now it's gotten better.

''No, he will have schedules throughout the day, but I'm with him, and we get to have some time,'' I smiled at her as we walked off to the next building.

''But we haven't thought about it yet. We appreciate the time we get. But I got to admit I'd want to have some privacy,'' I giggled. My friend laughed and shook her head.

Finally, the day was over, and I got to go home. I say my goodbyes to Sarah, and we walk in different directions. I thought of picking up some food on the go and calling Taehyung. I saw his text during my last lesson, but that teacher is strict enough to snatch the phone from you.

I take my phone out of my pocket and look for his number. The phone is ringing, and it feels forever for him to pick up. In reality, it took ten seconds but waiting to hear someone's voice makes you impatient.

''Annyeoooong! (Hello),'' I can hear from the other line. He makes it sound like such a long word, and I can hear he is happy that I called. I giggled as I stepped into the little cafe to pick up that food.

''Hi, I'm sorry I couldn't reply to your text. I had biology,'' I apologized while waiting in line for the order.

''Gwenchana (It's okay), you going home now?'' Taehyung asked with his broken English. I try to talk to him in Korean as much as I know, but I'm not a pro yet. So I mostly use English, and so does he. He adds simple words that I understand.

''Yeah, I'm ordering food, and then I have a few papers to write. Did you end the practice?'' I asked, knowing what time it was there. It's late. Taehyung is probably back at the dorm.

''Ne (yes), I wanted to hear your voice before sleep. I'll let you eat. Text me when you're home safe,''.

''Of course, bye, love you,'' I smiled and said. I could hear giggling on the line before saying bye to me. I ended the call and put the phone back in my pocket. Then it was my time to order, and I did so.

I kicked the apartment door with my leg after struggling to open it with full hands. I ordered too much food for me to carry.

I quickly walked to the kitchen table to drop everything on it. Then I walked back to the hall, took off my jacket, and carried my bag to the kitchen. It was near 5 pm at the moment. I should text Taehyung before he goes to sleep.

I grab my phone and type good night messages to him. Yesterday we knew he didn't have a morning schedule, but now he does as he has no choice but to sleep. As much as I'd have wanted to talk to him about our day, you can't always get what you got.

Soon my phone told me a new message, and it was Taehyung approving and happy that I was home safe. Taehyung said good night, and I closed my phone before finally eating.

It was close to 10 pm when I got myself to bed. I stayed doing that paper of mine for hours. I guess I can't watch my favorite show tonight.

I glanced at the plane tickets on my nightstand. I smiled. The thought of being with Taehyung again made my heart flutter. I could feel butterflies in my stomach, and they were dancing.

''Two days, my love, two days.''

______

Remember to give this chapter a vote ⭐️
and follow me on my Instagram @/taehyungslittleberry 🤍